• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2017 Giro d'Italia, Stage 2: Olbia > Tortolì 221 km

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Orbit501 said:
Zinoviev Letter said:
Ah, he got bumped by Gaviria and put his foot out to recover. Not a mechanical, a racing incident.

Yep, see that now on replay. Just one of those things. At first it looked like a chain drop.
Gavaria gives up pretty quickly the minute he knows he's beat I notice.

He didnt give up, just not strong enough. Maybe bad shape, but I guess he lost a lot of energy trying to get to the front because his team is ***.

Clipboard_zpspg5llfq7.jpg

Vroome.exe said:
He didnt give up, just not strong enough. Maybe bad shape, but I guess he lost a lot of energy trying to get to the front because his team is ****.
He keeps losing his teammates wheels though. To me he looks far from top shape, but hopefully with an easier stage tomorrow he can prove me wrong.

chiocciolis_calves said:
Orbit501 said:
Annoying when mechanicals take out the fastest man.

Let the excuses commence!

Are you serious? Whatever you think about Ewan, it was fairly obviously not his fault that he didn't get to sprint there. And he deserves some credit for managing to stay upright in that situation rather than taking out half the peloton with a crash right at the front of a sprint.

SafeBet said:
Vroome.exe said:
He didnt give up, just not strong enough. Maybe bad shape, but I guess he lost a lot of energy trying to get to the front because his team is ****.
He keeps losing his teammates wheels though. To me he looks far from top shape, but hopefully with an easier stage tomorrow he can prove me wrong.

I think his only race in the last few months was Frankfurt. I don't see how he could be in shape right now.

I really don't understand why Ewan seems to attract intense hostility when as far as I can see he's just a talented kid who hasn't done anything notably obnoxious. I didn't care much about him either way, but people sneering at him for no obvious reason is starting to make me like him.