• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2017 Tour of Flanders / Ronde Van Vlaanderen - April 2, 260k

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

So, who wins?

• Démare

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Lotto Soudal

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Kristoff

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Sagan

Votes: 64 42.7%
  • Degenkolb

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Van Avermaet

Votes: 33 22.0%
  • Durbridge

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Gilbert

Votes: 22 14.7%
  • Quickstep other than Gilbert

Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Other

Votes: 11 7.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re:

Red Rick said:
You can call it whatever you want it.
Call it
De Ronde van Vlaanderen
De Ronde
Vlaanderens Mooiste
De Vlaamse Hoogmis
The #1 reason Dutch people want to be Flemish ( tho football teams are becoming a close 2nd)

But please drop the Tour of Flanders crap.
OK, from now on I will only call it Tour of Flanders and nothing else.

Re:

meat puppet said:
Given their roster, the Steppers should attack relentlessly left right and center from 100k to home. If something sticks, good on them. With that much firepower, be it real or imagined, the chances are that something sticks. If not, too bad, but they weren't gonna beat Sagan and GVA in the finale anyway.

just like in G-W when they had three guys in the break but still waiting for gaviria :lol:

Re:

Red Rick said:
Call it
De Ronde van Vlaanderen
De Ronde
Vlaanderens Mooiste
De Vlaamse Hoogmis
The #1 reason Dutch people want to be Flemish ( tho football teams are becoming a close 2nd)

Why does it matter? I'm a native english speaker and call it De Ronde van Vlaanderen but I know others who have only recently gotten into cycling who call it Tour of Flanders or just Flanders and I know why they are talking about. Is it really something worth complaining about? Seems a little silly :)

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
angry-homer-simpson-stupid-flanders.jpg

I can understand it to a degree, but it's not the end of the world.

Re: Re:

kingjr said:
Red Rick said:
Call it
De Ronde van Vlaanderen
De Ronde
Vlaanderens Mooiste
De Vlaamse Hoogmis

Well, then you'll be in lockstep with this site as Cyclingnews refers to it almost exclusively as Tour of Flanders.

jaylew said:
kingjr said:
Red Rick said:
Call it
De Ronde van Vlaanderen
De Ronde
Vlaanderens Mooiste
De Vlaamse Hoogmis

Well, then you'll be in lockstep with this site as Cyclingnews refers to it almost exclusively as Tour of Flanders.
It goes without saying that this will be extended to the Tour of Italy, Tour of France, Tour of Spain and the Tour of Lombardy.

kingjr said:
jaylew said:
kingjr said:
Red Rick said:
Call it
De Ronde van Vlaanderen
De Ronde
Vlaanderens Mooiste
De Vlaamse Hoogmis

It goes without saying that this will be extended to the Tour of Italy, Tour of France, Tour of Spain and the Tour of Lombardy.

Don't forget the Tour of Yorkshire :)

StephenC2020 said:
kingjr said:
jaylew said:
kingjr said:
Red Rick said:
Call it
De Ronde van Vlaanderen
De Ronde
Vlaanderens Mooiste
De Vlaamse Hoogmis

Don't forget the Tour of Yorkshire :)
Maybe we could make that 'De Ronde van Jorksjier'? As a concession to the poor fellows who continue to fight the noble fight against the anglicisation of cycling.

Re:

trucido said:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/quick-step-on-sagan-we-try-to-win-but-if-we-dont-win-then-he-loses/

So if QS's plan to win fails, the secondary goal would be to make sure Sagan loses? How pathetic is this?

What an idiot. He can be saved only by Gilbert now, GVA wins he looks like an idiot, Sagan wins he looks like an king of idiots. His odds are pretty bad. :D

I think Vanmarcke is more likely to podium than Gilbert. Actually, I think he's the third most likely rider to podium the race. I'm unsure if Gilbert is the fourth most likely, but he probably is.

I also think he will collaborate with Sagan, which should help his own chance to get on the podium again. In short, Vanmarcke to go full Hoste :cool:

Feb 21, 2017
Visit site
Re:

Netserk said:
I think Vanmarcke is more likely to podium than Gilbert. Actually, I think he's the third most likely rider to podium the race. I'm unsure if Gilbert is the fourth most likely, but he probably is.

I also think he will collaborate with Sagan, which should help his own chance to get on the podium again. In short, Vanmarcke to go full Hoste :cool:

Vanmarcke is still recovering from injury and illness I think, otherwise I'd agree.

Vanmarcke is not injured anymore. He had stomach / intestine problems on Friday, but those don't 'eat' all of your shape (normally)(pun intended), so I expect he will actually be very fresh, maybe lacking the ability to go very deep / over the limit, but still a factor to consider (I heard the definition of factor is hotly debated!).

Re:

Flamin said:
Lol, don't take it so seriously.

But maybe not the smartest thing to do by Sagan to 'provoke' the strongest team in the race when you're gonna be all alone ;)

Remind me again how exactly QS helped Sagan last year? They will be dead after Kwaremont (maybe except for Gilbert)