• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2017 USA TV Schedule

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Carols said:
Wow I haven't had any issues at all with NBCSN. I've seen every race from flag fall to podiums every day live on TV. I've never tried to find any of the replays since I have the entire live showing on the dvr. They will Always have the 8PM(EDT) prime time show also. I have a friend that watches that one without any issues. Le Tour is the ONE race they actually do right IMO. Sorry you're having issues!

Maybe if you ever watch Eurosport, you will realize that NBC has 10 minutes of commercials for every 5 minutes of coverage.

Plus you don't have to listen to P&P which is a nice bonus.

Even though I have it, I have not watched NBC in maybe 10 years and these days the online streams are in HD too.

Heck, I take crappy online Eurosport stream over NBC in HD every time!

Re: Re:

Jancouver said:
Carols said:
Wow I haven't had any issues at all with NBCSN. I've seen every race from flag fall to podiums every day live on TV. I've never tried to find any of the replays since I have the entire live showing on the dvr. They will Always have the 8PM(EDT) prime time show also. I have a friend that watches that one without any issues. Le Tour is the ONE race they actually do right IMO. Sorry you're having issues!

Maybe if you ever watch Eurosport, you will realize that NBC has 10 minutes of commercials for every 5 minutes of coverage.

Even though I have it, I have not watched NBC in maybe 10 years and these days the online streams are in HD too.

I've watched plenty of Eurosport; Detest Kirby!!! And they have almost as many commercials as NBCSN!

Jancouver said:
Carols said:

If I could DVR Eurosport I would. I do much prefer them, but most of the time with my work schedule live feed is out of the question. ON weekends, it's definitely the better option, plus better announcers.

NBC's bad coverage of cycling is definitely getting worse.

Re:

Carols said:
Hey whatever works for each of us :). This is the one race a year I can actually watch without jumping through hoops. I choose to enjoy it :)

Well California usually you can do that with as well. :) Although I do prefer watching it, Utah, and Colorado (when they do run it) on the local sports stations instead of NBC.

Koronin said:
Although I do prefer watching it, Utah, and Colorado (when they do run it) on the local sports stations instead of NBC.

I didn't know they had "local" broadcasts for them. I'll have to watch/look for them the next time they have those races. I've never been able to see the Utah race, other than hi-lights.

Nacho said:
Koronin said:
Although I do prefer watching it, Utah, and Colorado (when they do run it) on the local sports stations instead of NBC.

I didn't know they had "local" broadcasts for them. I'll have to watch/look for them the next time they have those races. I've never been able to see the Utah race, other than hi-lights.

If you have Dish Network they have the local sports channels in the 400's and you can search for the coverage there. I think the Mountain West channel is the one most likely to have coverage. It's usually about an hour, but it's shows the majority of the end of the stage.

I purchase the NBC Sports Gold cycling package every year. They have 11 races a year that I want to watch (19 overall). What I love about this package is no commercials, and Robbie McEwen and Matt Keenan are the commentators. Coverage mirrors the ASO coverage, so if ASO is streaming, I'm seeing it. I love it.
When I'm at work, I can watch the stage on my iPhone, again... no commercials with Robbie and Matt. Excellent Vuelta coverage, World Championships, Paris-Roubaix, Tour of California, Paris-Nice, etc...

I think it's worth every penny.

Re:

VeloGirl said:
I purchase the NBC Sports Gold cycling package every year. They have 11 races a year that I want to watch (19 overall). What I love about this package is no commercials, and Robbie McEwen and Matt Keenan are the commentators. Coverage mirrors the ASO coverage, so if ASO is streaming, I'm seeing it. I love it.
When I'm at work, I can watch the stage on my iPhone, again... no commercials with Robbie and Matt. Excellent Vuelta coverage, World Championships, Paris-Roubaix, Tour of California, Paris-Nice, etc...

Your choice. There are many of us who refuse to pay for it on principle of the fact we are ALREADY paying for their sports programming on TV and this should be included with that. Also they keep raising the prices which doesn't help. For many of us if we're going to pay for something give us what we actually want which is Eurosport. This is more of us if it comes down to it and we want to watch something bad enough there are plenty of places to find it on line WITHOUT paying for it.

Jancouver said:
Carols said:

Who can forget NBCs innovative “Lance Watch”!?!? A large superimposed arrow across the screen to show Lance in position 74 on the road on a flat stage. Then 10 minutes of analysis on why Lance isn't leading the race during the opening weeks flat stages. God I miss those days.

Koronin said:
VeloGirl said:

Your choice. There are many of us who refuse to pay for it on principle of the fact we are ALREADY paying for their sports programming on TV and this should be included with that. Also they keep raising the prices which doesn't help. For many of us if we're going to pay for something give us what we actually want which is Eurosport. This is more of us if it comes down to it and we want to watch something bad enough there are plenty of places to find it on line WITHOUT paying for it.

This, I refuse to pay twice! Plus up until Gold was invented 2 years ago we got streaming Included with the TV subscription.
When we get to the gnarly stages come I'll have a Eurosport stream going on the computer and NBCSN on TV. When NBC is in commercial I watch the stream. Often they are both in commercial at the same time!

I usually watch Utah and Colorado on ROOT tv.

Carols said:
Koronin said:
VeloGirl said:

This, I refuse to pay twice! Plus up until Gold was invented 2 years ago we got streaming Included with the TV subscription.
When we get to the gnarly stages come I'll have a Eurosport stream going on the computer and NBCSN on TV. When NBC is in commercial I watch the stream. Often they are both in commercial at the same time!

I usually watch Utah and Colorado on ROOT tv.

Well, there is where you are pretty lucky. My streaming services are separate from Cable TV, though they are from the same company. You can chose to get both, but then they pile it on (cost). And, they keep going up every year. No matter. They keep increasing their charge. I had enough of it. I cancelled all cable TV services, TV, Cable, and Internet, and then got unlimited bandwidth (not the correct term) internet ONLY for cable. Then I tacked on cable services, sling.tv, to get NBCSN.

So, I don't get any "included with the TV subscription". I wonder how long you will get that? My local cable TV was recently taken over by some "comblomberate", which I have read only wants to increase costs for existing customers until they say "I give", and leave. I've been there before, and done that, but then settled down on internet only. Now, a year later, they are raising my monthly cost $10. I'm sure they will do that until I try to get other internet coverage.

I'll go ahead and disclose my costs, cost with USA state & local taxes (invoice that I see and pay):

Cable: (very fast) internet: $79.67 a month, of which I stream TV (recently increased $10 a month, but included).
sling.tv: $27.05 (to where I get a bunch of what is called "cable TV channels").
Local TV: I get quite a bit, from a TV antenna that I put in my attic, 35 or so years ago.

Carols said:
Koronin said:
Carols said:
The Vuelta will be shown Live for 2 hours daily on the Olympic Channel (NBC stable of stations) as well as 3 daily repeats. DISH channel 389. Enjoy!

Must be an HD channel as I don't get it. Go figure.

Sorry :(

Yes it is an HD channel which is great for those of us that have HD.

It definitely is. Now for the question as to rather or not I can watch stuff on their on line site or not since I don't have it on my current dish, but do have Dish and it is available there.

Koronin said:
Carols said:
Koronin said:
Carols said:
The Vuelta will be shown Live for 2 hours daily on the Olympic Channel (NBC stable of stations) as well as 3 daily repeats. DISH channel 389. Enjoy!

It definitely is. Now for the question as to rather or not I can watch stuff on their on line site or not since I don't have it on my current dish, but do have Dish and it is available there.

Not without buying Sports Gold :( There are few shows on NBCSN see: https://www.nbcsports.com/cycling-schedule

Carols said:
Koronin said:
Carols said:
Koronin said:
Carols said:

Not without buying Sports Gold :( There are few shows on NBCSN see: https://www.nbcsports.com/cycling-schedule

The Olympic channel has it's own on line site and says to log in just use your cable/sat log in and you can watch steaming stuff and other videos. Otherwise there are always other places to get the races.

May 11, 2009
Visit site
I watch the Olympic channel either cable TV or streaming. I watched the recent Colorado race on Altitude (another cable channel).

I will be in the UK during the Worlds Road Races - what TV channel will be showing that race?
Thanks.

Carols said:
The Olympic channel has it's own on line site and says to log in just use your cable/sat log in and you can watch steaming stuff and other videos. Otherwise there are always other places to get the races.

I didn't know that!

Yes there are always other options :).

I found it when I was looking for some info about the station. I was like, OH OK. Still need to see if my Dish log in will work.

Re:

avanti said:
I watch the Olympic channel either cable TV or streaming. I watched the recent Colorado race on Altitude (another cable channel).

I will be in the UK during the Worlds Road Races - what TV channel will be showing that race?
Thanks.

In the UK I'd guess it's either Eurosport or Sky that will have the race.

Re:

Koronin said:
It doesn't look like most stages are going to be shown in the Olympic Channel just their pay internet service.

All stages will be shown live on the Olympic Channel TV station, my dvr has found a 2 hour show every day, plus 2 repeats shows daily on TV. So I'm assuming you mean Olympicchannel.com.

Carols said:
Koronin said:
It doesn't look like most stages are going to be shown in the Olympic Channel just their pay internet service.

All stages will be shown live on the Olympic Channel TV station, my dvr has found a 2 hour show every day, plus 2 repeats shows daily on TV. So I'm assuming you mean Olympicchannel.com.

I was looking at NBC's TV schedule on their website and it only showed the first stage as being shown on the Olympic Channel. Unfortunately being shown live isn't going to do me a lot of good for most of the stages regardless as I can't watch while I'm working. So have to find replays of stages somewhere. Where is a great question. Glad to know all the stages are actually on TV.

TRENDING THREADS