• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2017 USA TV Schedule

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Koronin said:
Carols said:
Koronin said:
I wish BEin still had it. Their streaming service is included with cable/satellite prices.

Yeah but their stream wasn't even HD :(. But the Giro was on tv daily in full HD and I recorded it and edited it down to about 6-8 hours. I dropped the package that had bEIN when they dropped cycling!

Watching cycling in the USA becomes more difficult every year!

It wasn't. Would have been nice, but it was free if you had their channel on your cable/satellite package and that's worth something. Yes all but 1 stage was on TV. I still have two of the 2016 Giro stages on my DVR actually. Bad thing is when I upgrade to an HD receiver I'll loose those along with last year's Fleche Wallone and LBL.

Yeah no kidding. It does keep getting harder and harder. I have a bunch of friends over in Spain that keep telling me I just need to move there then I can watch all the cycling I want. Only problem is that would require we (husband and I) can get jobs oh and neither of us speak much Spanish.

Tonton, yeah I use both of those and a Eurosport streaming only link a friend of mine gave me although YouTube.

Which satellite do you have? I have DISH and when you switch receivers you can download anything you want to keep onto the new receiver! Also with DISH you can play youtube right on the TV.

I Love France, have visited 8 times and am going back again later this year. All the cycling you could wish for live and on tv. I've tried to learn French, but I'm older than dirt and just can't apply myself enough to accomplish it. Languages was never my forte :(

Re:

yaco said:
Why dont you buy a UBOX if you have reliable Wi-Fi - I get 700 channels and it cost around two hundred US Dollars.

No option to record, it's just plain streaming. I record 99% of programs. There are 200 unwatched shows on my dvr right now :). The only thing I watch live, if I'm available, is sporting events. It's going back to the early 80s to watch tv live, before the vcr was invented!

Carols said:
Koronin said:
Carols said:
Koronin said:
I wish BEin still had it. Their streaming service is included with cable/satellite prices.

Yeah but their stream wasn't even HD :(. But the Giro was on tv daily in full HD and I recorded it and edited it down to about 6-8 hours. I dropped the package that had bEIN when they dropped cycling!

It wasn't. Would have been nice, but it was free if you had their channel on your cable/satellite package and that's worth something. Yes all but 1 stage was on TV. I still have two of the 2016 Giro stages on my DVR actually. Bad thing is when I upgrade to an HD receiver I'll loose those along with last year's Fleche Wallone and LBL.

Yeah no kidding. It does keep getting harder and harder. I have a bunch of friends over in Spain that keep telling me I just need to move there then I can watch all the cycling I want. Only problem is that would require we (husband and I) can get jobs oh and neither of us speak much Spanish.

Tonton, yeah I use both of those and a Eurosport streaming only link a friend of mine gave me although YouTube.

Which satellite do you have? I have DISH and when you switch receivers you can download anything you want to keep onto the new receiver! Also with DISH you can play youtube right on the TV.

I Love France, have visited 8 times and am going back again later this year. All the cycling you could wish for live and on tv. I've tried to learn French, but I'm older than dirt and just can't apply myself enough to accomplish it. Languages was never my forte :(

I have Dish. I have an old receiver. I didn't know you could download what's currently on the DVR to a new one. I need to upgrade to the Hopper at some point.
My Spanish friends are trying to teach me a few words at a time although they keep telling me it will be easier if I move there. However, I'm with you that learning other languages is not exactly easy. 2 years of Spanish in high school and 1 year of French in college and I don't remember any of it. I've learned more Spanish from my friends on social media over the past 3 years. Granted it's almost exclusively cycling related and basically just words and phrases with virtually no verbs. LOL Enjoy your trip over there again. Right now we can't afford a trip over there. Still trying to get out of debt, but working on it. Hopefully in the next coupe of years we can go over there. I really want to spend an April going to all the classics.

Carols said:
yaco said:
Why dont you buy a UBOX if you have reliable Wi-Fi - I get 700 channels and it cost around two hundred US Dollars.

No option to record, it's just plain streaming. I record 99% of programs. There are 200 unwatched shows on my dvr right now :). The only thing I watch live, if I'm available, is sporting events. It's going back to the early 80s to watch tv live, before the vcr was invented!

Eurosport replay the races all the time - It's a feasible option.

Carols said:
yaco said:

No kidding. Agreed sports is one of the few things we watch live as well, except for cycling due to the timing of races vs sleep and work.

Koronin said:
Carols said:
Koronin said:
Carols said:
Koronin said:

I have Dish. I have an old receiver. I didn't know you could download what's currently on the DVR to a new one. I need to upgrade to the Hopper at some point.
My Spanish friends are trying to teach me a few words at a time although they keep telling me it will be easier if I move there. However, I'm with you that learning other languages is not exactly easy. 2 years of Spanish in high school and 1 year of French in college and I don't remember any of it. I've learned more Spanish from my friends on social media over the past 3 years. Granted it's almost exclusively cycling related and basically just words and phrases with virtually no verbs. LOL Enjoy your trip over there again. Right now we can't afford a trip over there. Still trying to get out of debt, but working on it. Hopefully in the next coupe of years we can go over there. I really want to spend an April going to all the classics.

I don't think you can move recordings with an old receiver, I did it from 1st generation Hopper to Hopper3 when they rolled out the new interface. The response time was So Bad I was going to quit DISH so they sent me the new Hopper.

It is on the Settings, Diagnostics, Tools screen-->RESTORE RECORDINGS. I had to wire the 2 hoppers together and it took like 15 hours, but it moved everything!

You know more Spanish than I know French I'm sure :)

Carols said:
Koronin said:
Koronin said:
Carols said:
Koronin said:

I don't think you can move recordings with an old receiver, I did it from 1st generation Hopper to Hopper3 when they rolled out the new interface. The response time was So Bad I was going to quit DISH so they sent me the new Hopper.

It is on the Settings, Diagnostics, Tools screen-->RESTORE RECORDINGS. I had to wire the 2 hoppers together and it took like 15 hours, but it moved everything!

You know more Spanish than I know French I'm sure :)[/quote]

I don't think so either. I can see if my husband and see if there is or not, but most likely not. Watch the stuff we aren't keeping, and just trying to see if we can move the races to something else.

That's not saying much as I don't know a lot. Also I can definitely read Spanish better than I can write/speak/understand it.

I need some help for the Giro d'Italia. I know there are very knowledgeable posters here who can help me with this.

The question is whether I go with Fubo or with Flobikes for the broadcast of the Giro? (I didn't know that I had that option)

I remember last year I purchased the Fubo broadcast and I hated it for several reasons. But the main 2 reasons were that they were too expensive and that I could only watch the repeats for 2 or 3 stages before they were erased. I don't care about the money anymore now here in the USA. But the second bothered me a bit. There were others but these were the main ones.

So is Flobikes is going to be better than this?

People were criticizing NBC gold but for the money you pay you watch the whole year some of the best races as many times as you want. And it is for one year. That beats how bad Phil and Paul are any day.

Any recommendation will be appreciated. Thanks.

I actually sent a message to FloBikes on Facebook more or less asking that question about how long the stages are up for and how long I have to watch them if I purchase through them. If/when I get a response I'll let you know what they said. Wish BEin sports still had the Italian races.

Re:

Koronin said:
I actually sent a message to FloBikes on Facebook more or less asking that question about how long the stages are up for and how long I have to watch them if I purchase through them. If/when I get a response I'll let you know what they said. Wish BEin sports still had the Italian races.
Thanks. That would actually make the difference since the quality nowadays is the same and costs are very similar.

If we purchase today we would get the whole Giro until the final stage.

FloBikes seems to keep the races up for awhile, for instance I can still watch all of the Pais Vasco stages from this year on their website.

The only thing Fubo is better at is their Roku app, with FloBikes it works great during a live race but there's no option to rewatch anything (but it's all up on their desktop website). With Fubo you get 30 hours of DVR and you can keep whatever you want for as long as you want, I have all of the monuments and some classics from this year on mine so I can watch them whenever I want to.

Re:

Carols said:
I'm back from my vacation. Is anyone using Flobikes and is it worth the $30 to see the rest of the Giro? Good stream? Can you watch stages later, so I can go back and see yesterday?

I'm not using them currently (no extra money right now), but I did ask about rather you can watch stages later and they said most cycling events are uploaded to the website after the stage is over and you can watch them at anytime there after.

Koronin said:
Carols said:
I'm back from my vacation. Is anyone using Flobikes and is it worth the $30 to see the rest of the Giro? Good stream? Can you watch stages later, so I can go back and see yesterday?

I'm not using them currently (no extra money right now), but I did ask about rather you can watch stages later and they said most cycling events are uploaded to the website after the stage is over and you can watch them at anytime there after.

Thanks for the info!

Re:

Carols said:
I'm using FloBikes today, all is working wonderfully. So much better than Tiz! One can view on demand any race shown this year. Worth the dollars if you have it!

Thanks for the info. Right now trying to pay off some debt, but will definitely keep this in mind for the future. Being able to view any race on demand sounds like it's actually worth it.

May 22, 2017
Visit site
Re:

Carols said:
I'm using FloBikes today, all is working wonderfully. So much better than Tiz! One can view on demand any race shown this year. Worth the dollars if you have it!

Are you watching on a computer or a streaming device(Roku)? Do you know how it compares to NBC Gold or Fubo.TV?

Thanks!

muvonga said:
Carols said:

Are you watching on a computer or a streaming device(Roku)? Do you know how it compares to NBC Gold or Fubo.TV?

Thanks!

I'm using a Windows10 laptop PC with Chrome and hooking it up to my TV via hdmi cable. This is exactly what I did with Fubo last year. The difference is that FloBikes is much less expensive as Fubo forces you to buy their full package of stations (most of which I have on DISH) + their cycling channel. So that is $60 for the Giro month and FloBikes is $30. NBC Gold is a great service with No commercials, but I have the channel in my DISH package and refuse to pay twice for the same coverage. NBC Cycling used to be available via streaming if you had a TV subscription but 2 years ago they forced tv subscribers to pay twice and I've resisted doing that so I just watch it on TV. The issue is to get all races available in the USA you need all 3 - NBC Gold, Fubo and FloBikes. I'll just do the Giro as I get the Tour, Vuelta and the other NBC and Olympic Channel races on DISH. The few that only Fubo has I watch on Tiz cycling.
I have Zero experience with Ruko, but there is a post above by a user who has Ruko for FloBikes. I hope this helps!

I am using Flobikes now. I purchased the 1 month service last week. I did it to watch Tour of Romandie. The streaming and broadcasts are good. As zlev11 said, they keep the races for a while so that was what I was looking for. So I went to re-watch Pais Vasco again. I am also using Chrome for the broadcast. That's what they recommend. I had issues with stage 4 of the Tour of Romandie but it looks like they uploaded the stage with broadcast problems. Nothing to do with which software you use. Sadly, because for me it had the best moments of 2018.

The problem with Fubo is that if you want to keep the classics you have to erase some of the Giro stages.

Thanks for everyone that has given us feedback.

NBCSN TV Guide scheduling really sucks this year. 3 different TV guides I'm consulting show the Tour replays should be on and it's either Mekum car auctions or soccer, or sumpin else. They even have a hard time getting the time schedule of the first (daily) show right. I'd bet it is all a conspiracy to make us miss parts of the races, and then out of desperation sign up for their streaming services at extra $$. NO WAY! I pay enough in cable fees just to get NBCSN, and other channels.

They've also made other races hard to see on NBCSN. For instance, they used to show Flanders at race time, then they went to same day in the evening. Now they are on 1 day delay. Some of the other nice races, they don't show any more, or show a 1 hour recap days/week later at 1:00am.

I wish NBC would either get its crap together, or sell the rights off to someone to broadcast it that WILL give a crap. You can't even find an email address to send them an email of disapproval.

Re:

Nacho said:
NBCSN TV Guide scheduling really sucks this year. 3 different TV guides I'm consulting show the Tour replays should be on and it's either Mekum car auctions or soccer, or sumpin else. They even have a hard time getting the time schedule of the first (daily) show right. I'd bet it is all a conspiracy to make us miss parts of the races, and then out of desperation sign up for their streaming services at extra $$. NO WAY! I pay enough in cable fees just to get NBCSN, and other channels.

They've also made other races hard to see on NBCSN. For instance, they used to show Flanders at race time, then they went to same day in the evening. Now they are on 1 day delay. Some of the other nice races, they don't show any more, or show a 1 hour recap days/week later at 1:00am.

I wish NBC would either get its crap together, or sell the rights off to someone to broadcast it that WILL give a crap. You can't even find an email address to send them an email of disapproval.

Yeah, I noticed that today as well. Although I did DVR the live showing. They aren't showing the replays they claim they are supposed to be showing. Tour and California are the only races the might show live. I've gone to watching California, Utah and Colorado from the local sports stations. (Dish Network those are up in the 400's). It's definitely continuing to get harder and harder to watching any cycling over here. I'm with you, I'm NOT paying for what should be on TV that I'm already paying for. If I actually have to pay for cycling, I was freedom to pick whose feed I'm buying and I'll take Eurosport over anything NBC has.

Koronin said:
Nacho said:

Yeah, I noticed that today as well. Although I did DVR the live showing. They aren't showing the replays they claim they are supposed to be showing. Tour and California are the only races the might show live. I've gone to watching California, Utah and Colorado from the local sports stations. (Dish Network those are up in the 400's). It's definitely continuing to get harder and harder to watching any cycling over here. I'm with you, I'm NOT paying for what should be on TV that I'm already paying for. If I actually have to pay for cycling, I was freedom to pick whose feed I'm buying and I'll take Eurosport over anything NBC has.

Yeah, in years past they used to at least get the ToF right, and this year it seems they are finally letting their screwups filter back into that coverage. I'd try some of those online links to foreign feeds, but some of that malware warnings scares the crap out of me. I guess I could gen Ubuntu on a USB stick and boot to it just to watch it!

Wow I haven't had any issues at all with NBCSN. I've seen every race from flag fall to podiums every day live on TV. I've never tried to find any of the replays since I have the entire live showing on the dvr. They will Always have the 8PM(EDT) prime time show also. I have a friend that watches that one without any issues. Le Tour is the ONE race they actually do right IMO. Sorry you're having issues!