• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2018 Giro d'Italia - STAGE 10: Penne – Gualdo Tadino 239 km

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

RedheadDane said:
Waterloo Sunrise said:
"There is only 1 leader, and that is Michelton Scott"

I'm really not buying all this 'great guy Chaves' stuff. When you're 2nd you make a show of support for the leader, even if everyone knows you don't mean it. He's got no history of working for team mates, but looks like there may be no excuses not to prove me wrong for the next couple of weeks now.

Herald Sun Tour 2017.

Big race. Why did he go AWOL on the final stage of Paris Nice when Yates needed team-mates to pull back a break and defend his lead?

Very easy to be the nice guy when everything is always in your favour and for your benefit. I certainly hope he's as much of a team player as others think, but we're still to see.

MS Twitter a few minutes ago : Other GC teams are pushing pace of bunch to keep @estecharu distanced and have almost reeled in the break. Chaves is with @SamBewley whilst @SimonYatess sits in tight with main group.

No mention of what happened.

Waterloo Sunrise said:
RedheadDane said:
Waterloo Sunrise said:
"There is only 1 leader, and that is Michelton Scott"

I'm really not buying all this 'great guy Chaves' stuff. When you're 2nd you make a show of support for the leader, even if everyone knows you don't mean it. He's got no history of working for team mates, but looks like there may be no excuses not to prove me wrong for the next couple of weeks now.

Herald Sun Tour 2017.

Big race. Why did he go AWOL on the final stage of Paris Nice when Yates needed team-mates to pull back a break and defend his lead?

Very easy to be the nice guy when everything is always in your favour and for your benefit. I certainly hope he's as much of a team player as others think, but we're still to see.

Isn't that a pretty common tactic for team leaders? Helping their helpers during smaller races?
And wasn't Chaves sick during P-N?

DNP-Old said:
Stella0596 said:
DNP-Old said:
Chaves crashed into a photographer prior to the start of the stage.

Source?
Spazio.

So, he wasn't distanced as a direct result of a crash?

gregrowlerson said:
Broccolidwarf said:
Welcome to the Tony Martin show

Settle in, get coffee, put your feet up....... it will probably be at least 100 km, before they catch him ;)

You can take the long individual time trial out of the grand tour, but you can't take the long individual time trial out of Tony Martin.

Tony Martin doesn't care about lack of long individual time trials!
Tony Martin makes his own long individual time trials!

:cool:

Other news from official Giro ticker :

- Viviani & Mientjes also with Chavez.
- Rafa Valls (Movistar, GC # 26) has thrown in the towel. One major helper out for Carapaz.

(with Viviani out of it, some of the sprinter teams have an added incentive to prevent breakaway from winning AND not letting Chavito to return to the bunch)

Re:

seldon71 said:

- Rafa Valls (Movistar, GC # 26) has thrown in the towel. One major helper out for Carapaz.

(with Viviani out of it, some of the sprinter teams have an added incentive to prevent breakaway from winning AND not letting Chavito to return to the bunch)

I just saw Moerkoev pulling Viviani in the bunch, so that is odd.... maybe my eyesight is failing me :cool:

Broccolidwarf said:
seldon71 said:

I just saw Moerkoev pulling Viviani in the bunch, so that is odd.... maybe my eyesight is failing me :cool:

I think they are:

Riders in the cyclamen jersey group include Esteban Chaves, Louis Meintjes and Sacha Modolo

Latest posts