• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2018 Tour of Slovenia (2.1), June 13-17

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Screecher said:
Not sure what's so nice about following wheels the whole time, Uran didn't have his nose in the wind until the last couple meters, but i guess drapac needs victories.
The final kilometers were nice. I didn't mean to say what Uran did was nice, but that's cycling. He waited for the right moment. I don't like it but nothing wrong with that.

I suspect there were a couple of agenda's at play in this stage - Roglic had two reasons for being so aggressive in the stage First to test his legs before the TDF and of course the Slovenian rivalry which meant he was trying to gap Mohoric before the top of the climb as we all know Mohoric's ability at descending - I also think the steepness of the last 500 metres caught riders by surprise.

Re:

yaco said:
I suspect there were a couple of agenda's at play in this stage - Roglic had two reasons for being so aggressive in the stage First to test his legs before the TDF and of course the Slovenian rivalry which meant he was trying to gap Mohoric before the top of the climb as we all know Mohoric's ability at descending - I also think the steepness of the last 500 metres caught riders by surprise.
Also the stage passed by Roglic's home town/village that's why he's been aggressive so early and so often.

Re:

Der Effe said:
Blegh Uran, what a horribly boring rider.

DfvLep4W0AAtW5e.jpg:large

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Yeah great. Taking a stage in the Tour of Slovenia letting Rusvelo guys doing the dirty work whilst you finished 2nd in both the Tour and the Olympics yourself. Pure class.

May 26, 2012
Visit site
Re:

jaylew said:
That's funny. That team needs all the wins they can get. Good win from Rigo.

What is better for sponsors? Boring wheelsucker who win in the last 50m or agressive rider, who is not affraid to make a move, but lose a stage in the last 50m?

The local heroes go nuts attacking and leave Uran an opportunity. What’s he supposed to do? Refuse to win on principle? Throw in a completely sub optimal early attack for no good reason?

I have no great admiration for Uran’s use of the Meintjes method to earn an invisible Tour podium, but today was just sensible ruthlessness

May 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: Re:

Anderis said:
Sartorius said:
jaylew said:

What is better for sponsors? Boring wheelsucker who win in the last 50m or agressive rider, who is not affraid to make a move, but lose a stage in the last 50m?
In such a small race, nobody will remember who was aggresive and who not after a couple of days.

In few days noone will remember who won this stage. But a lot of ppl will remember who is agressive rider and who is boring wheelsucker...and I would say: being agressive rider = more fans = more interesting rider for sponsors...

Sartorius said:
Anderis said:
Sartorius said:
jaylew said:

In such a small race, nobody will remember who was aggresive and who not after a couple of days.

In few days noone will remember who won this stage. But a lot of ppl will remember who is agressive rider and who is boring wheelsucker...and I would say: being agressive rider = more fans = more interesting rider for sponsors...
Wrong: few people watched the race.

Sartorius said:
Anderis said:
Sartorius said:
jaylew said:

Complete nonsense. And winning is better for sponsors.