• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2019 C du Dauphiné stage 7 St. Genix - Les Sept 133.5 km

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Broccolidwarf said:
The final climb today is Fuglsang country.

No steep sections (steady 7 % all the way) and 19 k long, means his diesel engine can just keep going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going.......

.....Pinot will attack, Quintana will attack, Bardet will attack, Buchmann will attack, and every time people will think Fuglsang has dropped, but he just keeps going and going and going..... :p

A bit strange to say of a man who was this close to winning the Flèche Wallonne.

Re:

Broccolidwarf said:

No steep sections (steady 7 % all the way) and 19 k long, means his diesel engine can just keep going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going.......

.....Pinot will attack, Quintana will attack, Bardet will attack, Buchmann will attack, and every time people will think Fuglsang has dropped, but he just keeps going and going and going..... :p

I’m not so sure. Logically a long, steady climb without very steep sections should suit him but has he ever shown it? In the spring campaign this year he was tearing it up on short to medium lenght, quite steep climbs. We have no indications of his level on such long climbs.

https://racecenter.criterium-du-dauphine.fr/#/stageprofile
Five riders have been reported as non-starters this morning: Davide Ballerini (Astana), Jens Debusschere and Mads Würtz Schmidt (Katusha-Alpecin), André Greipel (Arkea-Samsic) and Tom Dumoulin (Sunweb).

Edit - I think the bookies are not taking bets on Ala being in the break today. :)

Edit 2 - http://inrng.com/2019/06/criterium-dauphine-stage-7-preview-7-laux/#more-35863
This should be Thibaut Pinot‘s day but word is he’s caught a cold ...

Pinot's gone down with the sniffles so he might not be 100%.

Re: Re:

Bushman said:
Broccolidwarf said:

We have no indications of his level on such long climbs.

Except for his entire career :cool:

Re:

Robert5091 said:
https://racecenter.criterium-du-dauphine.fr/#/stageprofile
Five riders have been reported as non-starters this morning: Davide Ballerini (Astana), Jens Debusschere and Mads Würtz Schmidt (Katusha-Alpecin), André Greipel (Arkea-Samsic) and Tom Dumoulin (Sunweb).

Edit - I think the bookies are not taking bets on Ala being in the break today. :)

Edit 2 - http://inrng.com/2019/06/criterium-dauphine-stage-7-preview-7-laux/#more-35863
This should be Thibaut Pinot‘s day but word is he’s caught a cold ...

Pinot's gone down with the sniffles so he might not be 100%.

there's always gotta be something! Not that I expected him to win today's stage anyway - I'd still prefer Adam Yates or even Fuglsang here.

Broccolidwarf said:
Bushman said:
Broccolidwarf said:

Alright, so tell me when he has ever beaten some of the best climbers in the world on a 19 k climb. He did so two years ago in this race, but he wont be given as much leeway now after his great spring

Broccolidwarf said:
Bushman said:
Broccolidwarf said:

He tend to suffer on single climb MTF stages that are turned into mountain time trials. Too high cadence for him.

Fuglsang is great on both smaller steep climbs and longer steady climbs but I think his true specialty is somewhat long, double digit monsters like Zoncolan and Angliru. We have seen that in Dauphine 2017.

Good thing about this stage that there are multiple high altitude climbs. It should favor a hardman like him a lot more.

TRENDING THREADS