• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2019 Giro d'Italia Stage 15: Ivrea - Como 232 km

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

HelloDolly said:
BTW Landa didnt look so hot today on the climb
Agreed, even looked like Pedrero dropped him at one point. Herculean ride from him, even the Giro's graphics said it was Héctor, but bib #6 is Pedrero and it does make more sense given Pedrero has been 5th on Acebo when domestiquing for Carapaz and had very creditable finishes on Sierra Nevada, Cumbre del Sol and Los Machucos in the 2017 Vuelta. They're going to rely a lot on Amador and Pedrero I think, Sütterlin and Rojas will handle the flats, Carretero and Más the middle part.

Excellent ride by the breakaway duo. Unfortunately, only one of them could win.
Congrats to Cataldo.
What yesterday was just a hint, today became more visible. The second rest day coming right on time for Roglič.
In fact, only Nibali looks like he could continue like this without the rest day.

Re: Re:

Mayomaniac said:
TourOfSardinia said:
Ciddaman said:
Roglic 6 seconda sticky bottle deserve a penalty for sure. I can't understand why Roglic choose to go on with Tolhoek's bike instead to change with his second one. He lose 40" to avoid a 10" loss...
inexperience.
I don't know if he made the call or if Rabofail convinced him to stay on the bike.
I was thinking, if Roglic didn't think about changing, it could be inexperience. But the DS's should have guided him in this instance.

Re: Re:

Mayomaniac said:
TourOfSardinia said:
Ciddaman said:
Roglic 6 seconda sticky bottle deserve a penalty for sure. I can't understand why Roglic choose to go on with Tolhoek's bike instead to change with his second one. He lose 40" to avoid a 10" loss...
inexperience.
I don't know if he made the call or if Rabofail convinced him to stay on the bike.

Indeed, didn't his DS have the sense to say I have 'your bike' here right now? Panic by everyone I guess!

Yeah, Pedrero was the one pulling (white glasses and shoes) the group on Civiglio, while Carretero was the Movistar rider on Sormano (the blue/black shoes as the only rider and black glasses). Both are in great shape and will be able to help in the area of 20-30 riders left possibly taking shifts.

I think Nibs will have a hardtime overthrowing Carapaz and Movistar, but maybe Lopez and Yates can help. I think Roglic is all about minimizing losses at this point and hoping to stay in striking distance.

Carapaz reminds me how Yates was dominating last year. Anything can happen, but I don't think Carapaz will crack. He looks more confident than Yates was at this point. It was probably that TT. The one for this year is too short and Carapaz looks to be on supreme form so I doubt that he will lose too much time on the TT.

Re:

Escarabajo said:
Carapaz reminds me how Yates was dominating last year. Anything can happen, but I don't think Carapaz will crack. He looks more confident than Yates was at this point. It was probably that TT. The one for this year is too short and Carapaz looks to be on supreme form so I doubt that he will lose too much time on the TT.
Then again carapaz doesn't look nearly as strong as Yates last year. Nibali didn't even try to follow his attacks on stage 13 and 14 and I doubt carapaz could have dropped Nibali today. In fact I think Nibali looked a bit stronger than him. Still fun times ahead. There are more comfy places to be than 1:40 in front of Nibali who is looking to get better and better.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts