• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2019 Giro d'Italia Stage 16: Lovere - Ponte di Legno 194 km

Page 17 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: 2019 Giro d'Italia Stage 16: Lovere - Ponte di Legno 194

JosephK said:
Roglic not fully cracked, but best hope is probably for 3rd on this Giro. Podium is not a lock, either.

I sure hope he podiums. He'll have done it against tremendous odds. Crappy team support and crappy team Car support, 2 crashes and a bad stomach.

Re: Re:

SafeBet said:
Broccolidwarf said:
Salvarani said:
Broccolidwarf said:
No team cars behind the Carapaz/Nibs group, so gap is probably short to Roglic.

It is plenty of cars behind

No TEAM cars dude - which means the gap is less than a minute :)
You're wrong. He's 1'20" behind.

Too many posts to follow properly, but the ones I saw seemed to align with what I thought the likely gaps were.

Re: 2019 Giro d'Italia Stage 16: Lovere - Ponte di Legno 194

JosephK said:
Roglic not fully cracked, but best hope is probably for 3rd on this Giro. Podium is not a lock, either.

Landa is close but I think he will not crack that bad and if he drops from podium in the mountains he will gain back time in the TT.

Re: Re:

Escarabajo said:
IndianCyclist said:
Escarabajo said:
What is going on with Lopez. That performance is the weirdest thing since Froome!
too cold i think
Most likely. Getting dropped on the flat when he looked strong on the climb looks like he got very cold.

A bit of the same problem Carapaz had when they the flat after the descent, you have to cover yourself it's cycling 101!
Moviestar slowed a bit, then he looked fine after a while, but you can't get those risks!

TRENDING THREADS