• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2019 Giro d'Italia Stage 16: Lovere - Ponte di Legno 194 km

Page 18 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Carols said:
Escarabajo said:
VWeekend21 said:
Congrats to Ciccone!

Motorpacing today was just pathetic.The literllay stole the Giro today from Roglič.
Come on. Give us a break. He lost it on his own.

Nah his team and even his team car all let him down :(
C'mon, Carol. Don't make excuses for him. He's been great but his legs letting him down is what ultimately is going to cost him the win. Not much his team would have been able to do today, anyway. Besides, he had a team today - they were even in the same colors.

Re:

Logic-is-your-friend said:
Unless Roglic somehow bounces back, which i think is unlikely, then Landa could still finish on the podium. Actually, with todays rain, and Carapaz visually hurting due to cold and rain (and not getting a jacket), i wouldn't be surprised if he gets sick the next few days.
Not just that he has race leader's duties which means he cant get all the necessary things for recovery quickly

Re:

Unless Roglic somehow bounces back, which i think is unlikely, then Landa could still finish on the podium. Actually, with todays rain, and Carapaz visually hurting due to cold and rain (and not getting a jacket), i wouldn't be surprised if he gets sick the next few days.
Imagine both Movistar climbers getting sick from the cold, Roglic doing a full Yates and cracking. And then Nibali doing a Pinot on the final mt day. We'd end up with Mollema, Majka or Lopez as final winner :lol:

jaylew said:
Carols said:
Escarabajo said:
VWeekend21 said:
Congrats to Ciccone!

Motorpacing today was just pathetic.The literllay stole the Giro today from Roglič.

C'mon, Carol. Don't make excuses for him. He's been great but his legs letting him down is what ultimately is going to cost him the win. Not much his team would have been able to do today, anyway. Besides, he had a team today - they were even in the same colors.

What race are you watching? He's had Little Support throughout. He's no Contador that can win even without a team, never mind not even a team car when you need one. I sure hope he podiums. Granted he may have come in too hot but with even De Plus around I think it would have been a different trip through the mountains for him.

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Imagine both Movistar climbers getting sick from the cold, Roglic doing a full Yates and cracking. And then Nibali doing a Pinot on the final mt day. We'd end up with Mollema, Majka or Lopez as final winner :lol:

Saturday's stage will KO some contenders for sure, but because of today's stage...

Landa and Carapaz will pay the jacket situation, Roglic is already cracking, but Nibs... :rolleyes:

Mollema will do a Mollema, Majka will be on his wheel and MAL will have a puncture on last 10k...

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Please refer me to your dealer :twisted:

Carols said:
jaylew said:
Carols said:
Escarabajo said:
VWeekend21 said:
Congrats to Ciccone!

What race are you watching? He's had Little Support throughout. He's no Contador that can win even without a team, never mind not even a team car when you need one. I sure hope he podiums. Granted he may have come in too hot but with even De Plus around I think it would have been a different trip through the mountains for him.
I'm watching the race where he just lost 2:00 on the last two stages to the best climbers in the race because he couldn't keep the pace. I agree that his support has been lacking but the idea that he would have won with a better team doesn't make sense. At some point (in the high mountains) it's about having the legs.

King Boonen said:
bajbar said:
King Boonen said:
HelloDolly said:
Wiggo & ES giving Addy Ingles another roasting on his interview

Aye, he's right though.

He sounded like he would just rather go home. How can a guy like this be a DS...

Yep, imagine that coming over the radio when you're struggling.
I doubt Roglic needs someone pampering his ego and sugar-coating things in the same way Wiggins would

Re:

fuiers said:
Until tomorrow. Cya.

Sweet dreams everyone.

Wierer260119cm16.jpg

Eyeballs Out said:
King Boonen said:
bajbar said:
King Boonen said:
HelloDolly said:
Wiggo & ES giving Addy Ingles another roasting on his interview

Aye, he's right though.

He sounded like he would just rather go home. How can a guy like this be a DS...

Yep, imagine that coming over the radio when you're struggling.
I doubt Roglic needs someone pampering his ego and sugar-coating things in the same way Wiggins would

Well done on missing the point.

TRENDING THREADS