• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2019 Giro d'Italia, stage 4: Orbetello - Frascati 235km

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

jaylew said:
HelloDolly said:
jaylew said:
HelloDolly said:
Yates crashed, got up and only managed to lose 16 seconds ...he is strong
Conflicting reports? Matt White said none of their riders crashed.

Yates on camera to ES UK said he crashed and is bandaged
I wonder which crash? Apparently there were several out there, not all of which were shown.

Not the last one(the one ineos caused) thats for sure, just watched the replay.

markene2 said:
jaylew said:
HelloDolly said:
jaylew said:
HelloDolly said:
Yates crashed, got up and only managed to lose 16 seconds ...he is strong
Conflicting reports? Matt White said none of their riders crashed.

Yates on camera to ES UK said he crashed and is bandaged
I wonder which crash? Apparently there were several out there, not all of which were shown.

Not the last one(the one ineos caused) thats for sure, just watched the replay.
I wonder if he was in an early crash

I think UAE made a mistake setting pace for Ulissi instead of trying to use their numbers to attack. There were barely any domestiques left when they hit the front with 3 riders. There was a big chance for hesitation in the group and a successful attack at that point.

tobydawq said:
Brullnux said:
tobydawq said:
Okay, then let's just say that three flat stages have worn Roglic completely down. The Roglic that won uphill sprints with his fingers in his nose last week and who destroyed the entire field in the opening time trial.

Veeeeery plausible.
You're acting as if a) the sprinting field at Romandie was world class and b) like those finishes and stages were as easy as today. He was beaten today by five more explosive riders, including two out and out sprinters, on a false flat. It is very plausible that he just didn't have it in him to beat them. A week ago Geraint Thomas was coming third and a washed up rui costa second - surely you can see the difference?

If Carapaz had not won, I very much would have been able to see the difference.
Carapaz has proven on several occasions that he's not a bad sprinter for a climber. His results indicate that he's comparatively better in flat sprints than uphill ones, for some reason.

Squire said:
tobydawq said:
Brullnux said:
tobydawq said:
Okay, then let's just say that three flat stages have worn Roglic completely down. The Roglic that won uphill sprints with his fingers in his nose last week and who destroyed the entire field in the opening time trial.

Veeeeery plausible.
You're acting as if a) the sprinting field at Romandie was world class and b) like those finishes and stages were as easy as today. He was beaten today by five more explosive riders, including two out and out sprinters, on a false flat. It is very plausible that he just didn't have it in him to beat them. A week ago Geraint Thomas was coming third and a washed up rui costa second - surely you can see the difference?

If Carapaz had not won, I very much would have been able to see the difference.
Carapaz has proven on several occasions that he's not a bad sprinter for a climber. His results indicate that he's comparatively better in flat sprints than uphill ones, for some reason.

When? I've just been going through his results the last few seasons and have literally not been able to find one piece of evidence that supports that notion.

But obviously he is quite punchy - otherwise he would not have won today.

QgYlkw6.png

Yates crashed indeed, he said that himself in an interview, hit his hip and elbow I think (he was bandaged in the interview).
Btw it's just me or the forum keeps crashing and being unavailable for lengths of time, kinda every day?!
Is there any fix or is it common?

Re:

Climbing said:
Yates crashed indeed, he said that himself in an interview, hit his hip and elbow I think.
Btw it's just me or the forum keeps crashing and being unavailable for lengths of time, kinda every day?!
Is there any fix or is it common?
Sadly it's a common thing we've been telling managment about for a while now and nothing keeps happening