• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2019 Tour de France – Stage 6 – Mulhouse–LPDBF - 157 km

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

JesusManzano said:
Kruijswijk, Pinot or Landa to take the stage
If the break takes it; Alaphilippe, Barguil or Herrada
Thomas/Fuglsang to loose a little time.
Bernal needs to be a better than he was at Suisse, and I am sure he is and will be up there.

I agree, he looks anorexic. Like he went a little too far. It will be interesting to see how much strength he has.

A familiar Tour pattern may emerge.
A great opening to the stage thread.
Avid anticipation from the posters.
Some scenarios involving early attacks, huge breaks and exciting racing.
The disappointment as the strongest teams keep the break small and control the race.

Let's hope I am wrong.

Today has a very early sprint bonus.

Nice preview. An appetizer to the main event. Won't be fatal for most of the GC contenders I don't think, but a few on the margins will lose some time. Be interesting to see how Porte and Quintana go, based on what happened in the Dauphine also the riders backing up from the Giro.

I remember the first time on La planche des belles filles well. I was returning home from the Swiss Alps when my car broke down just after crossing the border into France. It was towed to an industrial zone in Illzach, near Mulhouse. My wife and very young kids were able go home with my mother-in-law (my other in-laws had to take the train home), I had to stay behind. All hotels in a very wide area were completely booked though, because of le Tour, which ended on La Planche that day. I was preparing sleeping in my car, when I got a call from a hotel I was at earlier I could stay there after all because someone cancelled. So I shared the hotel with a lot of people from the commercial caravan (including silly cars on the parking lot). Because it was weekend, no garage was open, so the next day (Sunday) I had *a lot* of time and watched the next stage from start to end, seeing a young local guy that I had hyped with some friends totally own the show. The garage was not able to detect the exact problem with my car on Monday. I was only able to leave that miserable place on Tuesday afternoon, paying more than 1000 euros for the repairs (broken injector, drowning the engine in diesel). I sold the car the next month.

Re: Re:

SKSemtex said:
Frankschleck said:
Alla will hit the break. The question is will it work or not.

How possibly can anyone allow somebody like Ala in yellow in the break? He is not GVA.
Yeah I tend to agree. Like, I think alaphilippe would probably need upwards of 10 minutes to actually win but he surely isn't a guy ineos even want with a 3 or 4 minute lead either. If he indeed joins the break it's probably doomed.

Highlander said:
uconnryan said:
Ineos to set the pace, no one to attack until the final km, time gaps to be small

Post race comments will also mention how a stiff headwind stunted all attacks since every mountain in France has a headwind when Ineos/Sky is setting the pace.

They probably mean relative wind, it can be crushing at high speeds;)

Re: Re:

Gigs_98 said:
SKSemtex said:
Frankschleck said:
Alla will hit the break. The question is will it work or not.

How possibly can anyone allow somebody like Ala in yellow in the break? He is not GVA.
Yeah I tend to agree. Like, I think alaphilippe would probably need upwards of 10 minutes to actually win but he surely isn't a guy ineos even want with a 3 or 4 minute lead either. If he indeed joins the break it's probably doomed.

Nevertheless it would be good for the race if he tries, I mean he has nothing to lose if it doesn't succeed. If he does and I am expecting a big break today, he might have a chance to keep yellow and get some valuable points for the polka dots. Everybody let Ineos chase, they'll be dead by the time the train must perform, could be interesting.

TRENDING THREADS