• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2019 Tour de France Predictions Challenge

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 24, 2019
Visit site
I’m the only one so far to realise Alaphilippe is going to grab yellow early on and focus on defending it rather than go for dots. He will wear yellow until finding it all too much on the last Friday and Saturday. Feel free to thank me in advance.

I honestly have no idea this year.
Porte, Thomas, and Nairo have been varying degrees of underwhelming.
Nibali and Landa are coming off the Giro.
Bernal has never ridden a GT for GC.
The French guys look about like they always do.
Fuglsang looks terrific but doesn't have a great track record in GTs.

I'll go with this but honestly I wouldn't be too surprised to see just about any podium from these guys this year. I pretty much flipped a coin on 2-4.

1 Bernal
2 A Yates
3 Thomas
4 Nairo
5 Fuglsang
6 Bardet
7 Porte
8 Pinot
9 Uran
10 Kruijswijk

Re:

Robert5091 said:
Yates twins thrown out - 50 Yates clones found in a big garden shed belonging to the Raël Movement in Lancashire.

G abandons after spotted on first rest day outside local pâtisserie with a box of chocolate eclairs and drinking café au lait.

Nibali signs book deal for "Vincenzo's Voodoo book for kids".

Valverde, Quintana and Landa get in fist fight over team leadership.

Someone steals Pruhomme's flag just before start of last stage and has to use large ladle instead.

Team mechanic at Trek posts photos online of LRP asleep with Froome pillow, duvet cover and bed sheets.

:lol:
You know… I think this is the serious predictions challenge. Not the insane predictions.

Re:

Robert5091 said:
Yates twins thrown out - 50 Yates clones found in a big garden shed belonging to the Raël Movement in Lancashire.

G abandons after spotted on first rest day outside local pâtisserie with a box of chocolate eclairs and drinking café au lait.

Someone steals Pruhomme's flag just before start of last stage and has to use large ladle instead.

Team mechanic at Trek posts photos online of LRP asleep with Froome pillow, duvet cover and bed sheets.
:lol: That one made me laugh

Re: Re:

Pantani_lives said:
SHAD0W93 said:
jaylew said:
SHAD0W93 said:
1. Pinot
2. Bernal
3. Bardet
4. A. Yates
5. Quintana
6. Krushweak
7. Fuglsang
8. Landa
9. Martin
10. Barguil
Given sir fly's entry, you should probably specify which Martin. :p

Daniel, the only one I know that's a GC rider :D

What, you don't believe in Tony?? :surprised:

I know my predictions can get crazy and bad but not this time. :lol: :lol:

Re:

Cance > TheRest said:
Yes, no Bernal in the top 10. He will be sacrifized for Thomas after some early mishaps.
What you mean by "mishaps"?
He will ride in "deluxe sky train", what possibly can go wrong (early)?
Where the mishap can occur? On LPBF? Don't think it gonna happen. He is a top climber at the moment.
The key questions for him are long range endurance and power management on the road. He's young but also has a nice bunch of advisers in store. So on paper he must be top10.

Re:

Robert5091 said:

Don't think Valverde would get involved in that, esp since he keeps trying to give Tour leadership away. However, the other two I could see in a fight. Anyway, a very humorous prediction list here.

Koronin said:
Robert5091 said:

Don't think Valverde would get involved in that, esp since he keeps trying to give Tour leadership away. However, the other two I could see in a fight. Anyway, a very humorous prediction list here.

Do you think there is a chance that Valverde could make a big attempt to win the polka dot jersey and rival Alaphilippe

hayneplane said:
Koronin said:
Robert5091 said:

Do you think there is a chance that Valverde could make a big attempt to win the polka dot jersey and rival Alaphilippe

I'm not entirely sure the polka dot jersey is on his radar. He's talked about stage hunting, but he's never once mentioned that jersey.
Barguil is likely going to go after the KOM jersey again.

TRENDING THREADS