• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2019 Tour de France, stage 12: Toulouse>Bagnères-de-Bigorre

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Broccolidwarf said:
The one thing that can upset the apple cart, is if Alaphilippe hits the break today, that would force the GC teams to keep him close, and allow for a lot of attacks from the peloton on the climbs.

But, I think he will take it easy today, the 3 following days are more important.
probably, but I think Wanty could try to get Meurisse in the break to take yellow. He is no real dangerman for GC of course, but if he manages to get up the road Quickstep wants to keep the jersey, it could become interesting

Re: Re:

search said:
Broccolidwarf said:
The one thing that can upset the apple cart, is if Alaphilippe hits the break today, that would force the GC teams to keep him close, and allow for a lot of attacks from the peloton on the climbs.

But, I think he will take it easy today, the 3 following days are more important.
probably, but I think Wanty could try to get Meurisse in the break to take yellow. He is no real dangerman for GC of course, but if he manages to get up the road Quickstep wants to keep the jersey, it could become interesting

He is nearly 4 minutes behind, and the first 130 k is easy for DQ to control...... I don't see it.

Re:

Broccolidwarf said:

Mørkøv said on Danish television that they would try to defend the yellow jersey today. So their plan is to try to limit the size of the breakaway and hunt it down if there are soome guys high on GC present. Obviously implying that Ala would be in the bunch. Another point; who in the world would be willing to do some work in a breakaway group if Ala was there?

vladimir said:
Broccolidwarf said:

Mørkøv said on Danish television that they would try to defend the yellow jersey today. So their plan is to try to limit the size of the breakaway and hunt it down if there are soome guys high on GC present. Obviously implying that Ala would be in the bunch. Another point; who in the world would be willing to do some work in a breakaway group if Ala was there?

Yeah, you are right..... I was just stating an outside chance of something entertaining :D

Broccolidwarf said:
search said:
Broccolidwarf said:

He is nearly 4 minutes behind, and the first 130 k is easy for DQ to control...... I don't see it.
yeah, but that's what I mean. If they keep it this close, teams like Astana will go for the stage win from the peloton

Re:

Orbit501 said:
Pollit has been very lively trying to get in breaks. If he can still be in touch after the final climb then he's a big favourite I think.
People seem to underestimate the stages all the time. Many were seeing Ewan as a favourite for stage 3. A couple of years ago someone argued that Sagan was a favourite for a stage with decent mountain near the end just because it was ending on downhill. And now someone suggests Politt for a stage with two cat 1. climbs in the last 70k.

This just isn't going to happen unless an extraordinarily weak breakaway forms.

TRENDING THREADS