• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2019 Tour de France, stage 2: Bruxelles - Brussel 27,6 km TT

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

HelloDolly said:
Kid's an absolute fiend on the bike. I can't believe how strong he is. It will be very interesting to see what he can do in this Tour if he's given the freedom to ride for himself, but as long as Kruijswijk is still in GC contention I'm guessing WvA be doing the work of about five lesser blokes to keep him there.

Re: 2019 Tour de France, stage 2: Bruxelles - Brussel 27,6 k

So...
GC wise- Egan & G are on top, Uran right behind, Pinot & Fuglsang still in contention. Notice I didn't mention Nibali-even if his team did well in the TTT- because he's a wild card in this Tour because of the Giro already in his legs.

Not a positive outcome for Nairo/Landa & Porte, So they must go aggressive on stage 6th...

hfer07 said:
So...
GC wise- Egan & G are on top, Uran right behind, Pinot & Fuglsang still in contention. Notice I didn't mention Nibali-even if his team did well in the TTT- because he's a wild card in this Tour because of the Giro already in his legs.

Not a positive outcome for Nairo/Landa & Porte, So they must go aggressive on stage 6th...

I guess Kruiswijk is on top GC wise? I don't think we can just rate last year #5 below Pinot's, Fuglsang's et co of this world...

bambino said:
hfer07 said:
So...

I guess Kruiswijk is on top GC wise? I don't think we can just rate last year #5 below Pinot's, Fuglsang's et co of this world...
Absolutely. The guy who led the Giro until a crash on the 2nd last mountain stage now has a 30 second cushion over any other gc contender and has as strong a team around him as anyone in the race. Everyone else has to beat him now.

The big question is how much support other than Bennett will he get in the uphill bits.

Nice start for Stephen K. Bardet and Porte were the biggest casualties. But as far as SK is concerned the 2016 Giro was a long time ago, he still has to be strong in the final week. Pinot will be more than happy also. Ineos won't be too concerned losing 20 seconds at this stage. They gained on most of their rivals. I don't think Movistar will be too happy with that ride.

Leinster said:
bambino said:
hfer07 said:
So...

Absolutely. The guy who led the Giro until a crash on the 2nd last mountain stage now has a 30 second cushion over any other gc contender and has as strong a team around him as anyone in the race. Everyone else has to beat him now.

The big question is how much support other than Bennett will he get in the uphill bits.

De Plus is also really good on the climbs.

I played Kruijswijk at odds 21 just before the Tour. Now he is already at 11 but still decent value I would say.

TRENDING THREADS