• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2019 Tour de Romandie 30 April - 5 May

Page 14 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
The easyiness of his victory scares me. You could say the field wasn't so good but then again the Tour winner was here.

If Roglic keeps this form for may or even becomes better than no Yates, Nibali, Dumoulin or Lopez is gonna stop him.
Yes, but dominating right now and winning a backloaded Giro are two different things.

Another day another block of cheese for Roglic. :)
Crazy performance today, no words :surprised:

D5zwQRZWAAEm7yW.jpg:large

Romandie got hit with a poor course design - You have seven stages which include a prologue and an ITT and one true GC stage which was decimated by course changes due to safety races - Last year's profile failed to include an uphill finish - Plenty of work to be done.

Re:

yaco said:
Romandie got hit with a poor course design - You have seven stages which include a prologue and an ITT and one true GC stage which was decimated by course changes due to safety races - Last year's profile failed to include an uphill finish - Plenty of work to be done.

Make that six.

It's so silly. And last year there was a MTF. But it was a TT...

Well yeah, the prologue is a bit silly, but I can live with that. No stage race really use it anymore and Romandie have as long as I have remembered, its a bit old school that way. I think the route was decent enough this year with too pretty hard puncher/medium mountain stages and a decent mountain stage, but you can't really design you out of risks of snow and such when you are making a mountain stage in Romandie.

Roglic is a true rockstar. Did you guys notice him warming up with those glasses? Really beginning to warm up to that guy. Still remember I read a long LS post discussing this unknown rider in 14 and 15 and thinking that was the usual hipster stuff. :D :D

Re:

yaco said:

Not one of the more interesting stage races but the Giro riders won't mind.

Looks like Romandie turned out great for Roglic's Giro prep. Yes, it finished less than a week before the start of the Giro, but none of the stages were real gut-busters. Stage 4 got truncated because of weather. Roglic looked like he was coming into better form each day, and he didn't have to go too deep -- so, he got in some good racing work to complement the altitude training he'd been doing.