• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2020 Giro Route Rumors

Page 20 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Maybe I better said "If Remco tried to have been as fast as Dennis in the first half...". Because obviously noone would willingly blow himself up. For the rest you're pretty much repeating me, so no point in going in further.
Hence Dennis also didn't and clearly thought this was the best course of action according to his abilities and his chances. Hence he doesn't get better the longer an ITT lasts, relative to the competition and relative to the first part of his ITT, further proving my point. Both Evenepoel and Ganna lost only a few seconds in the last part of the ITT.

So no, i am not repeating what you were saying, but i agree there no point in taking this discussion further.

Hence Dennis also didn't and clearly thought this was the best course of action according to his abilities and his chances. Hence he doesn't get better the longer an ITT lasts, relative to the competition and relative to the first part of his ITT, further proving my point. Both Evenepoel and Ganna lost only a few seconds in the last part of the ITT.

So no, i am not repeating what you were saying, but i agree there no point in taking this discussion further.
smh

There is only two weeks in between the end of the Tour and the start of the Giro. What you are proposing is not a realistic option, unless those GC riders did not ride for GC in the tour or will not ride the Giro for GC. Chances are much greater that they will ride the Vuelta if they want to ride a 2nd GT. Only GC riders that crash in the Tour or loose too much time, could possibly quit the Tour and focus on the Giro instead.
Certainly there will be some gc riders not satisfied with her performance in the tour, that will go to te giro trying to do better, also it s only 2 weeks, it s possible, to some riders sustain a good shape for the giro.

Certainly there will be some gc riders not satisfied with her performance in the tour, that will go to te giro trying to do better, also it s only 2 weeks, it s possible, to some riders sustain a good shape for the giro.
Only if they gave up on their GC aspirations early in the Tour (b/c of a bad day or crash that put them 10 minutes behind). But if they rode competively during the Tour it is extremely unlikely that they also could be competitive for GC in Giro. To do so they would have to maintain a close-to-peak performance plateau for nearly two months. Other than Valverde, that doesn’t seem possible for most riders.

Here you have it:
https://www.cyclingstage.com/giro-2020-route/
The numer of stages isn't correct, the stages in Sicily will be 2 and 3 and we'll get an additional mountain stage near the end of the first week in the Abruzo region (probably an Aremogna MTF) and another additional stage in the 2nd week.
As far as I know the other additional stage should be a finish in Matera in the first week. 2nd and 3rd week should be exactly the same (provided the stage into France can be raced)

Much better second weekend than originally planned then, looks to be one of the best GT routes of recent years as a result.

That also means that the Matera stage or one of the Sicilian stages is out?
no, nothing is out.

1 Palermo ITT
2 - Agrigento (ex stage 4)
3 - Etna (ex stage 5)
4 - Villafranca (ex stage 6)
5 - Camigliatello (ex stage 7)
6 - Matera
7 - Brindisi (ex stage 8)
8 - Vieste (ex stage 9)
9 - Aremogna
rest
10 - Tortoreto Lido