• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2020 Milano-Torino - August 5th / Mont Ventoux Dénivelé Challenge - August 6th

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Van Aert with a great result and looking really sharp before Milan San Remo unlike Van der Poel which was far from brilliant again.

Sagan looked well but I have some doubts about his ability in the climbs.
Van Aert indeed looking strong again. Van der Poel did say before the race he was going to work for Modolo. Not sure if this race says a lot about his form.

I still don't understand how he managed to crash back then.

And he's still got it. He was swerved quite violently by his leadout-rider and had an amazing Houdini-like save today, which unfortunately resulted in Lampaert crashing.

But I actually think his sprint was decent today, just not well-timed.

Apparently Sagan was showboating for spectators on a downhill ramp - he's not reached the same level since this day.

Apparently Sagan was showboating for spectators on a downhill ramp - he's not reached the same level since this day.

I thought he - quite unnecessarily - was trying to bridge back up to the favourites' group because it would be cool for a guy like him to sit in a 25 man group with all the GC contenders after two tough climbs and in the bottom of the final one on a day where everybody was scared of the time limit.

But I agree that his level has been lacking since. Then again, better decision making and he would have a fourth world title in Yorkshire so it's not all bad.

Reactions: Sandisfan

I think it is about motivation. He does not look hungry for victory anymore. Too much money guaranteed for too many years even without the major palmares. Ralph Denk and Bora owners are not Oleg Tinkoff. He still delivers a lot of publicity so they are satisfied. Their investment brought back the profit I think.

He is still doing much much better than Gilbert in BMC.

Last but not least he is older and we are already used on the fact that he needs some racing to build up the top form. He is definitely not the main favorite for MSR but I doubt he cares. MSR is more-less the lottery and his chances are still very high.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan
Next level poker face Nairo is ready.

20200806-154727.jpg

TRENDING THREADS