• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2020 National Championships

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Can't find him on the startlist.
I just saw that, he'd have been one of the clear cut favourites in the RR. It's hard to look past UAE with Ulissi and Formolo both being in great shape and Conti also being pretty strong atm. They'll try to make the race really hard and send Formolo on the attack on the final climb, while Ulissi covers moves and stays behind. Gazprom has a few riders and Canola +Velasco could be a dangerous duo, but they don't seem to be in great shape. The Sapura duo Celano and Ficara could be dangerous outsiders, no idea what to expect from the.

Are both the France Nationals and European Champions both being held on the Bretagne Classic Circuit?
I think holding multiple one-day races in short period of time could be the future. Maybe make the monuments first to 2 wins. Like you could run Paris-Roubaix every three days until someone wins twice. Maybe cap it at 10 races. Then the tie-breaker could be placings among the 10 winners. 10 Paris-Roubaixes per year would be pretty kool. Much better than any of Jonathan Vaughter's gimmicks.

Are both the France Nationals and European Champions both being held on the Bretagne Classic Circuit?
I think holding multiple one-day races in short period of time could be the future. Maybe make the monuments first to 2 wins. Like you could run Paris-Roubaix every three days until someone wins twice. Maybe cap it at 10 races. Then the tie-breaker could be placings among the 10 winners. 10 Paris-Roubaixes per year would be pretty kool. Much better than any of Jonathan Vaughter's gimmicks.

Maybe a scoring system like in tennis could be applied.

One of the funniest posts in years

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan