• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2020 Tour Colombia 2.1 - February 11-16

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
If EF didn't have Martinez and Higuita, who are in-form and good at altitude then maybe we'd have something to look forward to. Seems like GC is realistically over already.

The summit finishes of 2018 and 2019 didn't create gaps enough for a rider to make up 46 seconds, and this one isn't as hard as Alto de las Palmas last year (where the top four were 16 seconds apart).
Martinez was not among those four riders, though. Don't know if he was dropped or had to babysit Uran, though.

Alaphillipe is a beast. He pushed for quite a bit of time until he rode off everyone off his wheel except for Jungels. The altitude does weird things to the bodies. I am sure it hurt some of the other guys. Alaphillipe on the other hand seems to adapt very well to the altitude.

When will today's stage finish (CET)? Yesterday was quite early, compared to San Juan.
Several things: It's summer in Argentina so, it's hot and has longer days.
On one side, I think they tried to avoid the midday heat in San Juan (not an issue in Boyacá)
On the other, Stages in Argentina were finishing around 6PM Colombian time. This time of the year, it's rather dark at 6PM in Colombia.
Concerns in Colombia is more road traffic because there they use main roads for the race. So they try to squeeze the race between morning and afternoon rush hours

He can surprise me, but it's not like he was setting the world on fire before his crash.
Like I said before, I’m convinced he could be a great lead-out. If things don’t work out this year, his team should seriously consider using him as such or as a 2nd last guy in a train. Images from early 2018 when he was part of the Gaviria train can prove that potential.

Maybe this has been addressed in other topic but... How are Edwin Avila and Daniel Turek riding with Israel WT Team when they are registered in the feeder CT team?

I did not know that was allowed...
Holy sh*t u're right :openmouth: Maybe they're registered as 'stagiairs' early in the season, or maybe the UCI has some sort of extra option in the books for linked teams.

TRENDING THREADS