• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2020 World Championships - now confirmed for Imola, Italy.

Page 29 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
That's where we disagree. To me the ideal would be just around 70, maybe a bit lower. 85 would be way too hot, and 80 would be pushing it.
If it‘s between 50 and 95, nobody should be complaining about the temperature. And if it’s below 50, you should only be complaining about the clothes you brought.

Unless it’s humid. If humidity is over 90, it’s murder.

Any rider who can ride - and be competitive - in 95 Fahrenheit deserve my absolute respect. That sounds absolutely terrible!
I’ve played rugby in 100+. It’s horrible.

I’ve never raced in that sort of heat, but I have ridden in 105, in the dry heat. It’s like opening an oven in your face for an hour.

So yeah, riding a bike in high 30s Celsius I don’t have much of a problem with.

If it‘s between 50 and 95, nobody should be complaining about the temperature. And if it’s below 50, you should only be complaining about the clothes you brought.

Unless it’s humid. If humidity is over 90, it’s murder.

I'll 100 as long as it's dry (as in Southern California desert) to under 50 dry or humid.

Played baseball/softball in mid to upper 90's and humid. Have ridden bikes in those temps as well. Never found it to be an issue. Get under 50 and I prefer to not be outside more than I have to.

What's up with the Fahrenheits?
Sorry, I'm American and I don't know the calculations for Celsius. I appreciate the replies back in Fahrenheit, but didn't actually expect it.

I was replying to someone writing in Fahrenheit, so it just seemed most natural for me to continue that way... and I guess the others are Americans, they're weird.
But, yeah... I prefer 20ish Celsius, 25 is starting to be too much, and 35? I don't even want to imagine it!

Thank you, although didn't really expect replies back in Fahrenheit. About the only thing with Celsius I know is I don't want temperatures much under 20.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Well, I had to go use a converter to know what the hell you - and Leinster - were talking about.

Sorry. Obviously that's a conversion most of us don't know. Yes we still use the Fahrenheit scale instead of Celsius along with miles instead of KMs and other measurements. Thing is even though I don't know the conversions for the measurements very well, I more or less know both scales. Just not when it comes to temperature.

Sorry. Obviously that's a conversion most of us don't know. Yes we still use the Fahrenheit scale instead of Celsius along with miles instead of KMs and other measurements. Thing is even though I don't know the conversions for the measurements very well, I more or less know both scales. Just not when it comes to temperature.

I just google "Fahrenheit to Celsius", find one of those sites that auto-generate the conversion, type in the number, and voila!

Celsius is so illogical: 0 °C is the water freezing temperature, 100 °C is the boiling point and 1 °C change equals a 1 K change.
Fahrenheit makes so much more sense, with 0 °F being the temperature of a mixture of ice, liquid water and ammonium chloride, 32 °F being the freezing temperature of water, and 96 °F being the body temperature of an average person measured underneath armpit or tongue. No wonder this is the standard in all of 5 countries worldwide: Cayman Islands, Palau, Belize, Bahamas and the United States.

Anyway, looks like the weather for Sunday in Imola is still quite uncertain. For the races today-Saturday, the conditions will be quite good, reasonable temperatures and no precipitation.

When it comes just to climbing I prefer 15°C or even a bit below. Clouded, a light breeze and maybe even a bit of rain is pleasant to me on a climb, but I'm a mountain man who dislikes the heat (heat+high humidity is miserable).
No surprise when it comes to the Italian team, Bettiol and Visconti offer more than Conci and Fabbro. In a normal season Visconti is usually at his best durning this time of the year, but what can you do? He has been improving durning the last few races and can be a good road captain.
A bit of a bummer that the Russian's aren't bringing Igor Frolov, he has been 2nd at the NC for 2 years in a row. Yes, I know that the wattages that he posts on Strava are pretty outlandish and should be discussed in a different subforum, but still...

A bit of a bummer that the Russian's aren't bringing Igor Frolov, he has been 2nd at the NC for 2 years in a row. Yes, I know that the wattages that he posts on Strava are pretty outlandish and should be discussed in a different subforum, but still...
Maybe you last sentence explains why Frolov isn't on the team...
Weather forecast for Sunday: cloudy sky in the morning, with more rain in the second part of the day. Temperatures between 12 and 15 degrees celsius
Just had another look at the different forecasts and comparing to yesterday, some have completely changed and are now claiming sunshine the entire afternoon and 21 degrees?

• Wow

TRENDING THREADS