• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2020 World Championships - now confirmed for Imola, Italy.

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
vK3UpTO.jpg

Turns out nuking PdBF is not enough.

Now I want it to disappear into a black hole instead.

Hey, Red Rick: Do you know the Hitler Rants Parodies? I reckon you could put together a great one for the revelation of this years TDF route. They even bring a map out in the scene, and so you (aka Hitler) are sort of giving the route the all clear as it goes along....until it gets to stage 20. When you explode!! We could get references to Thomas in there, and Porte. *** would just write itself!

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan
Hey, Red Rick: Do you know the Hitler Rants Parodies? I reckon you could put together a great one for the revelation of this years TDF route. They even bring a map out in the scene, and so you (aka Hitler) are sort of giving the route the all clear as it goes along....until it gets to stage 20. When you explode!! We could get references to Thomas in there, and Porte. *** would just write itself!
"Führer. The final ITT.....

The final ITT finishes on La PLanche de Belles Filles"

On another note, I only just realized the RR is on the typical San Sebastian spot a week after the end of the tour. Considering that race usually favors the guys coming from the tour I really wouldn't be surprised if we get a rider who wins both the yellow and the rainbow jersey in one season.

On another note, I only just realized the RR is on the typical San Sebastian spot a week after the end of the tour. Considering that race usually favors the guys coming from the tour I really wouldn't be surprised if we get a rider who wins both the yellow and the rainbow jersey in one season.
They're doing their best effort to top Gilberts 2011 as the most overrated season of all time. It will be so hard for me to rate it as a WC lol.

I've got a good idea for LS playing the Fuhrer in a rant scene.

"With the need to cut costs in light of covid 19, the stage 20 individual time trial to Planche de Belle Fillies has had to be changed."

"There just isn't enough money left to have a car for each rider."

Hitler: "Good. I hate that climb. Just so long as they are not transferring for a finish on the Tourmalet."

"Mein fuhrer...."

"The stage will stay where it is, and it will...."

"It will become a team time trial. Eight riders for every car...."

Nah, not happening. The Tour winner has plenty of commitments and TV appearance and it will hinder his preparation and focus

They're doing their best effort to top Gilberts 2011 as the most overrated season of all time. It will be so hard for me to rate it as a WC lol.

Oh, come on, you're usually more nuanced than that. He won Strade, Brabantse Pijl, Amstel, FW, LBL, San Sebastián and GP de Montréal in a single season and the first stage of the Tour, yet you only see "lol, just one monument and no Worlds".

He was insane.

Oh, come on, you're usually more nuanced than that. He won Strade, Brabantse Pijl, Amstel, FW, LBL, San Sebastián and GP de Montréal in a single season and the first stage of the Tour, yet you only see "lol, just one monument and no Worlds".

He was insane.
Which isn't all that much for a season that gets shoehorned into the discussions about the greatest seasons of all times. I think it's overrated not because it wasn't great, but because I think it's propped up to be much more than it was.

TRENDING THREADS