• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2020 World Championships - now confirmed for Imola, Italy.

Page 18 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Would be very surprised if anyone will be able to follow Fuglsang in the last 30 km.

He absolutely is the best bet on this parcours.
I hope Simon Yates is riding this. Also Adam. They're both in nice form and they're punchy riders. Valverde surely be there as well given that his form is on the rise. Alaphilippe will probably follow the leading move only to blow some seconds later.

He's made it clear on Belgian TV that his goal is to win, so he seems to really fancy his chances.
I think a problem for Van Aert will be that absolutely f*cking noone will be willing to pull him to a sprint and those kilometres after the final climb look pretty good for attacking. I say if Van Aert gets over the top with the best climbers someone will win solo with a late attack.

Reactions: Sandisfan
I think a problem for Van Aert will be that absolutely f*cking noone will be willing to pull him to a sprint and those kilometres after the final climb look pretty good for attacking. I say if Van Aert gets over the top with the best climbers someone will win solo with a late attack.

It is very hard to tell how well van Aert is really climbing this year. He only works as a dom. If we believe the words from the training camp, he's a hell of a climber, too, so if he pulls this part of him out...

I think that he could have the strength to react in the mostly descending terrain however I think that the climbs might be too steep for him, especially after the time-trial on Friday.

Thomas never seemed to give a rats ass about the WCRR, neither did Froome really.

Froome I definitely agree with. But Thomas said in an interview on this site last week, that he didn't think the selectors wanted him to ride the road race., not that he wasn't willing. I'm more annoyed that either Yates didn't put their hand up. It's a pretty weak team. I'd be surprised if anyone but Carthy is still in contention with a couple of laps to go

TRENDING THREADS