• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2021 Giro d'Italia, Stage 1: Torino - Torino 8.6 km ITT

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

It is...

• Ganna happen

Votes: 37 45.1%
  • not Ganna happen

Votes: 45 54.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Remco with 60,5 kg. Where on world did you see a guy with 60,5 kg winning flat time trial on day one of Grand Tour? Do not compare this with Vuelta San Juan Time Trial in January 2020.

This one tomorrow is like old school display of power from big guys back in the days. Rominger, Boardman, Lance, Cancellara. No way that a guy with 60,5 kg can do this.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
Remco with 60,5 kg. Where on world did you see a guy with 60,5 kg winning flat time trial on day one of Grand Tour? Do not compare this with Vuelta San Juan Time Trial in January 2020.

This one tomorrow is like old school display of power from big guys back in the days. Rominger, Boardman, Lance, Cancellara. No way that a guy with 60,5 kg can do this.

He won silver at TT WC in 2019 but he was a fatboy then.

He won silver at TT WC in 2019 but he was a fatboy then.
40 km time trial is different, Remco can easily win such a time trial against Ganna and Cavagna, but winning 10 minutes of pure flat time trial, I think this is so much different. More like track race tomorrow, while WC Time Trials are always mix of pure endurance and power. Tomorrow, just the absolute power matters.

Reactions: Sandisfan
40 km time trial is different, Remco can easily win such a time trial against Ganna and Cavagna, but winning 10 minutes of pure flat time trial, I think this is so much different. More like track race tomorrow, while WC Time Trials are always mix of pure endurance and power. Tomorrow, just the absolute power matters.

I also think this time trial suits Ganna more but he won the pan flat and very windy ECC TT in 2019 against the likes of Asgreen, Affini and Ganna himself. That one was 22km so still not entirely comparable but I do think he can win.

I also think this time trial suits Ganna more but he won the pan flat and very windy ECC TT in 2019 against the likes of Asgreen, Affini and Ganna himself. That one was 22km so still not entirely comparable but I do think he can win.
Remember this one, I think that such a strong wind helped Remco which is very small and has (or had) very good, aero position. Big guys had problems on such an exposed terrain. In the city of Torino, I think the wind will not be such a factor

TRENDING THREADS