• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2021 Giro d'Italia, Stage 12: Siena – Bagno di Romagna 212 km

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

This stage will be more exciting than the previous one

• Yes

Votes: 9 15.8%
  • No

Votes: 30 52.6%
  • Another stupid poll

Votes: 18 31.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The big issue for GC action right now is not Ineos's strength IMHO. Is that the other teams are smartly racing more against themselves than against Ineos right now. I mean, Bernal, after pulling himself quite a bit, shredded the rest of the field on the final cat 3 yesterday. Which was great for Buchman, who took advantage to gain back time on the rest. That's obviously the smart play. They are racing against themselves first.

Bernal could pay for his efforts and crack in the third week and he's dealing with a back issue that could clearly come back at any point. So unless he shows that he's in a spot of bother I think most teams are just focusing on themselves. If someone is feeling mega-strong they might go for it. But my guess is that at this point in the race even if that rider is Simon Yates, who is probably the one guy left who might not be happy with a podium place at this point, he would be more pleased than upset to have Bernal ride with him.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS