• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2021 Giro d'Italia, Stage 12: Siena – Bagno di Romagna 212 km

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

This stage will be more exciting than the previous one

• Yes

Votes: 9 15.8%
  • No

Votes: 30 52.6%
  • Another stupid poll

Votes: 18 31.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Might happen if some teams are thinking creatively and plan an ambush (which will most likely not happen) like DSM, Movistar, Jumbo, Trek and most of all Quick Step, Ramco might want to bounce back before the Zonc slaughter. Unfortunately there's lots of descending so, maybe no.
We fantasize about it every mid mountain stage, I'm just not buying it. If the right break goes they'll get 20 minutes. Vlasov will probably try on the final climb but Bernal is never dropping.

This could go two ways. Either absolute carnage because of tired legs from today and riders blowing up left and right. Or everyone agrees they have suffered enough for a beginning and they take it easy. Badly hoping for the first option.
Also, Remco to start his redemption tour with a solo victory starting on the penultimate climb.
Would have been a great stage if it wasn't put after the gravel. Today will be a breakaway and a slow controlled Ineos train that everyone will he happy to ride

The question is if someone like hindley will be allowed to go in the break. I put 100 euro's on Badilatti at 401/1, so I know who I'll be cheering on. Mader, Bennet and Mollema are good candidates.

Yeah, I think there are a lot of interesting strong riders who could see today as a way to either pick up a(nother) stage or envisage stealing back enough time to put themselves back towards top 10 which could make for a very spicy group

Reactions: Frankschleck
Looks like the beginning of the stage from Siena to Florence goes via SR222 which to me is one of the most beautiful roads of Italy, in the heart of Chianti. Especially the first 30 odd km should give breathtaking views over wineyard filled hills.

TRENDING THREADS