• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2021 Giro d'Italia, Stage 4: Piacenza - Sestola 186 km

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Poll?

• Yes

Votes: 37 53.6%
  • No

Votes: 32 46.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reminiscent of the classic Arrate finish, so this really should be hard enough to tell who's going to be up there in the GC battle. Would be surprised if Yates doesn't take it on current form, though.

The uncategorised climb at 20k to go is the first half of the side of Pian del Falco used in 2016:
etappe-10-pian-del-falco.jpg

Apparently 20% probability for thunderstorm, rain and wind warning, and 15litres of rain per m2 expected between 2pm and 6pm (sounds like a lot, I don't know if it is). In fact it could be raining all day long if I understand the forecast correctly, even in the valley before the climbs. Sunshine only in the morning. Hard day if true.

Reminiscent of the classic Arrate finish, so this really should be hard enough to tell who's going to be up there in the GC battle. Would be surprised if Yates doesn't take it on current form, though.

The uncategorised climb at 20k to go is the first half of the side of Pian del Falco used in 2016:
etappe-10-pian-del-falco.jpg
Don't remind me. That stage was such a letdown. That said, it's interesting that in a pretty short timespan there have been 3 giro stages finishing in Sestola, yet the stage designs have been completely different every time. Just shows how great that region is for bike racing.

Apparently 20% probability for thunderstorm, rain and wind warning, and 15litres of rain per m2 expected between 2pm and 6pm (sounds like a lot, I don't know if it is). In fact it could be raining all day long if I understand the forecast correctly, even in the valley before the climbs. Sunshine only in the morning. Hard day if true.
If it comes true the stage might be in danger... flooded.

• Sad
Reactions: Sandisfan

Okay, Bora should really go all in for Sagan, lol.

• Haha
Ganna said he won't try to defend his jersey, but will work for the team. Looks like a Captain Obvious statement, but there you have it.
It isn't a Captain Obvious statement because in RAI some journalists expected him to say something else, something like: "I' ll try to honor the jersey until I can".
In my opinion he did a good thing saying this phrase, it's better to be clear beforehand with Italian media

TRENDING THREADS