• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2021 Giro Route Rumours

Page 20 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Well, if that was the case, we would have probably heard about him by now. If he was a pro cyclist, good enough to participate in the Giro. So i'd exclude that option. Would you agree? ;)Maybe the poster is Rohan Dennis. That would make more sense:)

Well, we (somewhat) know the identity of the guy now. But, either way; my point was that while he's obviously not the Froome, he still - briefly - posted as if he was, and for all I - at the time - knew, his surname could indeed have been 'Froome'. With the new revelation; I rather doubt it.

Reactions: Sandisfan
My genes are not that good, sorry. But I can run pretty fast...

Edit:
I was obviously being sarcastic, both times. The "joke" was that Froome doesn't really put fear into anybody with his ITT performance in 2021, I believe. Remco (a healthy Remco) on the other hand probably does.
Even if the poster's name is Froome. My name is johnymax, but I'm not johnymax. Yours is tobydawg, but you probably aren't tobydawg, I guess. Do I really have to explain those things?

P.S.
If your response is "Yes, my name is tobydawg", you win the internet :p

This is all very confusing. I shall henceforth refer to you as "not johnymax" then ;)

In theory today they should present the first 3 stages in Piedmont and only mention the finish at Alpe di Mera and subsequent start in Verbania.
Also according to rumours stage 4 will not start in Piedmont, and since stage 5 supposedly starts in Piacenza (~60 km away from Piedmont) it really makes me wonder where it could be.

1 Torino ITT
2 Stupinigi - Novara
3 Biella - Canale d'Alba
4 ??? - ???
5 Piacenza - Sestola
6 Modena - Cattolica
7 Frasassi - Ascoli (S. Giacomo)
8 Notaresco - Foggia?
9 Castel di Sangro - Campo Felice
REST
10 Foligno - Perugia ITT (or L'Aquila - Perugia)
11 Perugia - Montalcino
12 Siena - Bagno di Romagna
13 Ravenna - Verona
14 Cittadella - Zoncolan
15 Grado - Gorizia
16 Selice - Cortina
REST
17 Canazei - Sega di Ala
18 Rovereto - Bergamo?
19 Busto Arsizio - Alpe di Mera
20 Verbania - Madesimo (Alpe Motta)
21 Milano ITT

T01_alt.jpg

T02_alt.jpg

T03_Canale_alt.jpg

According to today's article on La Stampa, the missing 4th stage is simply non-existant. Stage 8 is gonna be two stages instead, Notaresco - Termoli and Vasto - Foggia. The article "confirms" the ITT in Perugia and keeps Bergamo in as stage 18. If that's the case, we should be done.

Also according to the same user in cicloweb who was the first to ever mention Alpe di Mera, there they are planning to go beyond the actual road, finishing on a ski track or something like that.

1 Torino ITT
2 Stupinigi - Novara
3 Biella - Canale d'Alba
4 Piacenza - Sestola
5 Modena - Cattolica
6 Frasassi - Ascoli (S. Giacomo)
7 Notaresco - Termoli
8 Vasto - Foggia
REST
10 Foligno - Perugia ITT (or L'Aquila - Perugia)
11 Perugia - Montalcino
12 Siena - Bagno di Romagna
13 Ravenna - Verona
14 Cittadella - Zoncolan
15 Grado - Gorizia
16 Selice - Cortina
REST
17 Canazei - Sega di Ala
18 Rovereto - Bergamo?
19 Busto Arsizio - Alpe di Mera
20 Verbania - Madesimo (Alpe Motta)
21 Milano ITT

Reactions: search
According to today's article on La Stampa, the missing 4th stage is simply non-existant. Stage 8 is gonna be two stages instead, Notaresco - Termoli and Vasto - Foggia.

Now you're just contradicting yourself:

1 Torino ITT
2 Stupinigi - Novara
3 Biella - Canale d'Alba
4 Piacenza - Sestola
5 Modena - Cattolica
6 Frasassi - Ascoli (S. Giacomo)
7 Notaresco - Termoli
8 Vasto - Foggia

REST

There is clearly a stage 4, and one of the two stage 8s is actually stage 7!

Could have been interesting, though:
"Stage 1."
"Stage 2."
"Stage 3."
"Actually, this is stage 5! Just because... reasons."
"Stage 6."
"Stage 7."
"Stage 8."
"Another stage 8!"

what would a Bagno di Romagna finish look potentially like (I don't think I saw the stage that finished there a few years ago.) Like hilly, mountains?
in theory it should look very different from the 2017 anyway. The rumours have mentioned La Verna and Monte Camaldoli, which would imply a descent finish from the Passo dei Mandrioli. If this is true it would be a very serious stage. Here is an examplary profile taken from Cicloweb

DXBIKqj.png

in theory it should look very different from the 2017 anyway. The rumours have mentioned La Verna and Monte Camaldoli, which would imply a descent finish from the Passo dei Mandrioli. If this is true it would be a very serious stage. Here is an examplary profile taken from Cicloweb
This was pretty good. If there is one thing RCS could have done a lot better the last years, it would be to fully exploit the hills and mountain in the Apennines.

TRENDING THREADS