• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2021 Strade Bianche, March 6th

SB21_ME_plan_ZOOM.jpg

SB21_ME_alt.jpg

SB21_ME_FIN-1024x600.jpg

SB21_ME_ukm_ZOOM-1.jpg

The forecasts predict rain on Friday and Saturday, so we all know it's gonna be dry and sunny, 20°C.

PAST EDITIONS:
2020 1 Wout Van Aert - 2 Davide Formolo - 3 Maximilian Schachmann
2019 1 Julian Alaphilippe - 2 Jakob Fuglsang - 3 Wout Van Aert
2018 1 Tiesj Benoot - 2 Romain Bardet - 3 Wout Van Aert
2017 1 Michał Kwiatkowski - 2 Greg Van Avermaet - 3 Tim Wellens
2016 1 Fabian Cancellara - 2 Zdeněk Štybar - 3 Gianluca Brambilla
2015 1 Zdeněk Štybar - 2 Greg Van Avermaet - 3 Alejandro Valverde
2014 1 Michał Kwiatkowski - 2 Peter Sagan - 3 Alejandro Valverde
2013 1 Moreno Moser - 2 Peter Sagan - 3 Rinaldo Nocentini
2012 1 Fabian Cancellara - 2 Maksim Iglinskij - 3 Oscar Gatto
2011 1 Philippe Gilbert - 2 Alessandro Ballan - 3 Damiano Cunego
2010 1 Maksim Iglinskij - 2 Thomas Lövkvist - 3 Michael Rogers
2009 1 Thomas Lovkvist - 2 Fabian Wegmann - 3 Martin Elmige
2008 1 Fabian Cancellara - 2 Alessandro Ballan - 3 Linus Gerdemann
2007 1 Aleksandr Kolobnev - 2 Marcus Ljungqvist - 3 Mychajlo Chalilov

Last edited:
I fancy Pogacar to kill them all. WVA and MVDP will be there in the final bar mechanical incidents.

A lot of GC riders obviously looking for race practice on sterrato ahead of the Giro with Bernal, Mollema, Bardet and Simon Yates all on the list.

Would love to see Sagan tick off one of the rare achievements on the calendar that he hasn’t won before but so soon from a bout of Covid I doubt he will have the top end power or endurance to live with the very best.

Reactions: Gregor_Slovenia
This is the one women's race I'd watch from the beginning. It's usually a very good race. Wish they would actually cover it as well as they do the men's race.
Actually, they usually don’t cover enough of the men’s race either; I think I recall tuning in at the start of broadcast coverage to find that the key splits forming the lead groups had already happened :(

Interested to see how far Simmons can get here, he's a big engine/ITT/classics guy who can climb well, not super heavy, and has experience riding on gravel/dirt roads. He's done hard training sessions and should be in good form early. Unless he has other things on his mind ofcourse.
He’s going to stop at every pizza restaurant on the route to check their basements.

TRENDING THREADS