• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2021 World Championships in Flanders: Road Races

Page 61 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Alaphilippe benefitted so much from the fact that this was raced hard from that far. All of the attacks of Remcos, Asgreens etc (of course French as well) paved a path for the French success, making the field exhausted as far as they hit the final Leuven laps.

Thanks to that, those short climbs turned out to be long and steep enough for his trademark moves.

• Wow
Reactions: southwards and noob
Maybe, maybe not. Riding on the front at a hard steady tempo isn't the same as the kind of explosion in the legs Ala has. I don't think he would have been able to go with him. Maybe once or twice but I don't think anyone had the form today to go with him on that last one. But yeah, if somehow he'd been able to go with him every time at least Belgium would have come away with a silver.
Agreed, my point is that he actually had the best legs for Belgium today...I think Alaphillippe was the class of the field, regardless.

Alaphilippe benefitted so much from the fact that this was raced hard from that far. All of the attacks of Remcos, Asgreens etc (of course French as well) paved a path for the French success, making the field exhausted as far as they hit the final Leuven laps.

Thanks to that, those short climbs turned out to be long and steep enough for his trademark moves.

Since you put it like that, Quickstep's tactics were superb.

Love the Most Popular top-10 on PCS.

Popular
#RiderTodayY'dayUp/down
1ALAPHILIPPE Julian63281221▲5107
2VALGREN Michael4730928▲3802
3BALSAMO Elisa445314663▼10210
4SAINBAYAR Jambaljamts3861294▲3567
5VAN BAARLE Dylan3574408▲3166
6HOELGAARD Markus3547512▲3035
7VAN AERT Wout23211659▲662
8POWLESS Neilson2297360▲1937
9STUYVEN Jasper1961633▲1328
10COLBRELLI Sonny19591128▲831

Lots of big names - Balsamo dropping down after making leap yesterday - and then, Jambaljamts Sainbayar! Which, to be fair, is also a rather big name, using a slightly different definition of "big name".

• Wow
Reactions: noob
These races have been great..Belgian backdrop made it better..stayed up all night coming in and out of sleep to watch the men's race live.. Alaphillipe is really really punchy and he gets cadence going uphill that is truly fantastic..I saw a few times were his trade teammates helped, and after his win watching the congratulations..he is obviously well liked and respected. A really good race for the top 10 riders ,who basically attacked each other to death..
Remco rewarded..much respect

As a person who tries( mostly fails) to speak foreign languages..I can't tell you how impressed I am after riding brutal races the interviewer slams the mic in the face of a rider who is still anaerobic and asks them to answer hard questions..in English the female Italian champ was super impressive

TRENDING THREADS