• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2021 World Championships in Flanders - Time Trials

Page 17 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
If there had been a U23 women's race, I think this would have been the result.

1. Norsgaard
  2. Jaskulska
  3. Guazzini
  4. Georgi
  5. Pirrone
  6. Koerner
  7. Hernandez
  8. Janse Van Rensburg
  9. Kuskova
  10. Campos
  11. Ingabire

Labous was born in 1998, so she's too old.
And of course the reality is that the race would probably have been won by a Dutch rider, who wasn't selected for the Elite Race because, well... they have Van Dijk and Van Vleuten!

Reactions: Sandisfan
If there had been a U23 women's race, I think this would have been the result.

And of course the reality is that the race would probably have been won by a Dutch rider, who wasn't selected for the Elite Race because, well... they have Van Dijk and Van Vleuten!

I'm not too sure about that. Guazzini won the EC title, and Van Anrooij, who seems to be the best Dutch TTer in that age category, only finished 8th. Wiebes and Uneken are not bad on prologues, but they wouldn't stand a chance on a 30 km TT.
Elise Uijen looks like a very promising TTer, but she's still a junior.

Also Van Vleuten wasn't selected over someone else (Markus was though), cause as the Olympic champion her spot was guaranteed.

E_zUipvVEAcKF_r

TRENDING THREADS