• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2022 Giro d'Italia, Stage 15: Rivarolo Canavese – Cogne 177 km (Sunday, May 22nd)

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
guys like Martin, Yates, Valverde had to go very deep yesterday, though. Mollema crashed. So the level of fatigue will not only be a problem in the peloton, but also (or even more) among those breakaway contenders.

I'm not sure it'll really be a day for the break. Also because Bora's job normally isn't finished yet. If they are serious about it, there's a 2nd part today.

Reactions: Rollthedice
May 21, 2022
Visit site
you tink they are actually trying to attack again ? I am seconding that it s gonna be a break away and ines controlling the field and top 7 all coming in together.

you tink they are actually trying to attack again ? I am seconding that it s gonna be a break away and ines controlling the field and top 7 all coming in together.
it's a much better stage for their leaders, at least, and they could put the nail in the coffin of the GC ambitions of guys like Almeida or maybe even Landa, who looked pretty bad yesterday.

Tomorrow is a rest day anyway, so why not give it a try again?!

Bora showed that they are the strongest team in the race. If Hindley recovered well over night, they will try again today. The Verrogne-Cogne combination looks good to use a strong team and after Almeida and Landa showed weakness yesterday, they should be tested again.

Reactions: Faserr
Important factor should be the flat start today. Could make the breakaway battle last a while, but then it also doesn't really favor the good climbers to make it into that breakaway.

An argument against the break winning is JuanPe Lopez will no longer have the authority to demand pee pee break.

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan
Meh, terrible finish for a Sunday, before rest day. Without making it so hard that it would have affected today's race strategies, give me something maybe shorter, but steeper in the end. The kind that Simon wins. With gaps of twenty seconds to forty-five seconds to the GC guys, thickening the plot before rest day. Small shuffle, but shuffle nonetheless.

The break should take it. I would put my dollar on De Gendt. When he saw the design he saw the opportunity. Will he go for it?

GC no action, I'm afraid.
Huh? While I think the extra ~3 km are unneeded, I don't get the sour response to the MTF. There's plenty of steep ones throughout the race, and as this is the day before a rest day, it's a good spot for a softer one.

Huh? While I think the extra ~3 km are unneeded, I don't get the sour response to the MTF. There's plenty of steep ones throughout the race, and as this is the day before a rest day, it's a good spot for a softer one.

Yep. I think this MTF was a nice idea in context, but the action has happened in reverse this weekend. The idea was clearly to enable some longer range efforts or tactical moves after yesterday softened everyone up. Instead yesterday killed everyone so we'll see how it plays out

Reactions: Sandisfan
FKPajp3a6S657WDQRmbhe6-970-80.jpg.webp

C'mon guys don't just stand there.

TRENDING THREADS