• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2022 Giro d'Italia, Stage 16: Salò – Aprica 202 km (Tuesday, May 24th)

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
There seems to be orange warnings from the italian met service for Lombardia - from 11 or 12 today, rain and thunderstorms. There’s a good chance of raining the whole day, especially in Santa Cristina and Aprica. Temperatures between 15 and 20 celsius.

Sadly MAL isn‘t there any more. He is always the man for the epic shows - a pure showman.

Imagine MAL in the third week of Giro, standing somewhere at the side of the road high up in the Dolomites: shaking of anger, crying, and screaming because he cannot feel his fingers any more. „Oh no, I quit this f*cking bike race now and here. Where is the team car?!“… ;)

Sadly MAL isn‘t there any more. He is always the man for the epic shows - a pure showman.

Imagine MAL in the third week of Giro, standing somewhere at the side of the road high up in the Dolomites: shaking of anger, crying, and screaming because he cannot feel his fingers any more. „Oh no, I quit this f*cking bike race now and here. Where is the team car?!“… ;)

He even can't punch a spectator anymore (like he did a few years back at the Giro). No Superman, no drama.

MAL would have looked for the team car after missing the split in the stage to Torino

Last edited:
about Nibali, I'm really not sure what to expect. Has been a while since he did a good mountain stage. Saturday's performance could of course be an indication that he is at his best again, and goes even stronger today - but it also was a very special day, in terms of racing and temperatures. Maybe it just suited him particularly well

The number of better ways to mix it up than this stage is greater than the number of Colombians Ryo claimed to be better than Nibali.
I think you can do exercise on basically every stage, and especially a stage such as todays that has limitless opportunities with all the different sides of Mortirolo and the opportunity to go Padrio/Trivigno in the final. Sure, most likely the big guns will only attack with 10-15 km left, but its the first big mountain stage in this block of stages, so I wouldn't have expected much more.

TRENDING THREADS