• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2022 Giro d'Italia, Stage 21: Verona – Verona 17.4 km ITT (Sunday, May 29th)

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I would not be surprised to see Hindley to extend his lead over Carapaz and prove everyone wrong. As we all know a TT at end of a grand tour is also about who is recovering the best and Hindley looked very fresh after the stage and has shown no weakness in the 3rd week. In post post stage interview Hindley said he would die for the jersey. Great attitude and doesn't show any signs of pressure.

Yep, anything can happen. That would really suck. Australians are somewhat used to seeing their dreams of gc glory dashed against the pavement, but this would really be too much.

I don't think it will happen. It was a reference to an experience I had myself last year (in Verona) which I have told about on the forum before - but I doubt Hindley will have been drinking alcohol before his ride :p

To explain how small the Giro is (probably in most places outside of Europe), Jai taking pink and likely overall victory was lucky to get a 30 second mention on mainstream Aussie news/sports broadcasts, coming behind local footy (Aussie rules and soccer), 4th round French open (even though there are no Aussies left in it), and crashes in F1 Monaco qualifying.

Actually I'm not even sure if they mentioned the champions league final! We are such nuffies.

They'll mention Caleb Ewan finishing 5th in some sprint in July.

To explain how small the Giro is (probably in most places outside of Europe), Jai taking pink and likely overall victory was lucky to get a 30 second mention on mainstream Aussie news/sports broadcasts, coming behind local footy (Aussie rules and soccer), 4th round French open (even though there are no Aussies left in it), and crashes in F1 Monaco qualifying.

Actually I'm not even sure if they mentioned the champions league final! We are such nuffies.

They'll mention Caleb Ewan finishing 5th in some sprint in July.
Wait they didn't even mention Kyrgios vs Tomic twitter beef? Game's gone

TRENDING THREADS