• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2022 National Championships

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
But he's not having a side-gig as a commentator on Italian television, is he?
Or getting married to the daughter of the Italian "Radio Tour" speaker? (obviously he isn't, coz that's who Honoré is getting married to, unless the guy has two daughters, who knows?)
No, Rolf Sorensen on the other hand often gets a shoutout by the Italian commentators and Cassani's stories how he always needed to find a reason to rationalize his losses are fun.

From what I've heared Honore has even picked up the Treviso dialect from his soon to be wife and most of those northern Italian dialects are rough as hell.

Mollema wins Dutch ITT - on his debut!!

1Bauke MollemaTrek - Segafredo33:03
2Tom DumoulinJumbo-Visma0:31
3Daan HooleTrek - Segafredo0:33
4Jos van EmdenJumbo-Visma0:45
5Elmar ReindersRiwal Cycling Team0:51
6Julius van den BergEF Education-EasyPost0:52
7Marien BogerdAllinq Continental Cycling Team1:00
8Brian Megens1:01
9Tim van DijkeJumbo-Visma1:11
10Sebastian LangeveldEF Education-EasyPost1:18

Expected more from Sobrero tbh, but he was already horrible in Slovenia so I guess he's completely empty after the Giro. Teams who need to fight against relegation really need to watch to not completely burn out some riders.

Sobrero has not had an overly taxing program - He did exactly the same program in 2021 - Giro, Slovenia and Italian NC. So far 51 race days in 2022 and 48 in 2021.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
Mollema wins Dutch ITT - on his debut!!

1Bauke MollemaTrek - Segafredo33:03
2Tom DumoulinJumbo-Visma0:31
3Daan HooleTrek - Segafredo0:33
4Jos van EmdenJumbo-Visma0:45
5Elmar ReindersRiwal Cycling Team0:51
6Julius van den BergEF Education-EasyPost0:52
7Marien BogerdAllinq Continental Cycling Team1:00
8Brian Megens1:01
9Tim van DijkeJumbo-Visma1:11
10Sebastian LangeveldEF Education-EasyPost1:18
Mollema with consecutive WTF level TTs.

• Wow
Jun 22, 2022
Visit site
Only 9 participants in Polish ITT today, 2 of whom do not even currently compete on paid level (Marcin Białobłocki though was once 9th in WC back in his pro days). I guess it was due to ridiculously long course - 51km :eek:. I don't even bother mentioning who won for this time, because I could say that sun is bright as well.

Had I known it before, I surely would have signed up and later boast that I am among 10 best time trialists in my country.

Only 9 participants in Polish ITT today, 2 of whom do not even currently compete on paid level (Marcin Białobłocki though was once 9th in WC back in his pro days). I guess it was due to ridiculously long course - 51km :eek:. I don't even bother mentioning who won for this time, because I could say that sun is bright as well.

Had I known it before, I surely would have signed up and later boast that I am among 10 best time trialists in my country.

At least there were multiple riders! Other countries definitely makes me wonder...

National Championships Belize - ITT 2022 Time trial results (procyclingstats.com)

I guess he had to ride, otherwise he'd have been listed as a DNS. And I suppose it's easier to have a "race", even if there's only one participant at a ITT, then it simply becomes a matter of "how fast can I go?".
If there's only one participant at a RR, it's an ITT.

At least there were multiple riders! Other countries definitely makes me wonder...

National Championships Belize - ITT 2022 Time trial results (procyclingstats.com)

I guess he had to ride, otherwise he'd have been listed as a DNS. And I suppose it's easier to have a "race", even if there's only one participant at a ITT, then it simply becomes a matter of "how fast can I go?".
If there's only one participant at a RR, it's an ITT.

Sorry:cool:

I don't remember his crash in LBL but I do the one in Suisse and all I saw was a guy mistakingly taking the wrong side of a roundabout and falling because he was going too fast. How is that bad luck?
Left side of the roundabout was closed during recon. It was not during the actual race. In the replay you can see the signalman pointing him towards the left side.

It is bad luck regardless because it is another injury keeping him from his goals, as has happened countless times the past 3 years.

• Sad