• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2022 PostNord Danmark Rundt, August 16-20

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I thought you were of the opinion that races starting in Denmark should be won by Danes?

No no. There should be a big international - non PNDKR - race starting in Denmark each year, because, well, my very small sample clearly shows that will end well, if you're Danish.
However, since Jumbo's Danish guy won TdF, it would be quite fitting if their French guy won PNDKR.
(Then they just need a Spanish guy, who can swap national tour wins with Roglic.)

Why are young people per definition more deserving of victories?

Because it's exciting, you can dream about all the potential achievements for the young person's career, the amazing palmares he/she can have at the end of it... you know, before he/she gets into late twenties and you start to dream about different young rider's potential career... It's the same in football

@Jumbo Visma Fan
If you're cheering for Sheffield, then we have to talk about that signature, maybe a different forum member should have it ;) :)

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan
Bernal crashed. I can't watch currently, does it look bad?
No.
webUpZS.png

9X94NlZ.png

• Wow
It's funny that people always talk about rainy weather in Denmark. How often are international bike races in Denmark dominated by rain? It's rare. The ITT in Copenhagen was rainy, but the other two Danish Tour stages had great weather, and in this Tour of Denmark the weather is excellent too. I would say the risk of a rainy stage in Denmark is below 10% - probably the same as with the Giro and the Tour - so it's simply wrong to claim that you easily get wet when you're on a bike in Denmark. The statistics confirm this.

It's funny that people always talk about rainy weather in Denmark. How often are international bike races in Denmark dominated by rain? It's rare. The ITT in Copenhagen was rainy, but the other two Danish Tour stages had great weather, and in this Tour of Denmark the weather is excellent too. I would say the risk of a rainy stage in Denmark is below 10% - probably the same as with the Giro and the Tour - so it's simply wrong to claim that you easily get wet when you're on a bike in Denmark. The statistics confirm this.

Obviously Copenhagen is not indicative of Denmark as a whole, but looking at climate data on Wikipedia, it seems that April/May and August are the driest months in terms of rainy days so it seems that races are/were held in the driest periods

TRENDING THREADS