• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2022 Tour de France Start List

Page 13 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sporza reporting:

Andrea Bagioli (Ita)
Kasper Asgreen (Den)
Mattia Cattaneo (Ita)
Mikkel Honoré (Den)
Tim Declercq
Yves Lampaert
Fabio Jakobsen (Ned)
Michael Morkov (Den)
Well, that's gonna be a packed Vuelta line-up then, picking up guys that were scheduled to go to the Giro and Tour but got sick or injured.

But Remco wasn't in the plans anyway!!!
I don't understand his reaction. I was hoping that they would take him too but that was not a realistic expectation for him this year. So I am a bit confused.
Who's reaction?

Reactions: noob
FWQxZCcWAAIWle6

Regardless, if he's not close to his best shape or didn't feel great yesterday, no point in just riding around France for 3 weeks. Sounds like more structured training is in order.

I don't know his real condition so I can't say, and of course it doesn't make sense to go to the Tour if you're not in the least competitive. Might only ruin the rest of the season. On the other hand he said he felt better than expected yesterday and with the training in height that he did and this race, it looked like he did everything to make it to the Tour, that yesterday was supposed to be the test, in which he showed some very decent form, but wasn't picked. That's what I find a bit confusing. So why not make the decision before yesterday anyway? Where the numbers worse than they hoped for?

Bit surprised they took 3 guys mainly for the flat in Bjerg, Trentin and Laengen, and Bennett who's just been out of form. I doubt it'll matter since it's Pog, he'd challenge even if he had 7 of us as a teammate but definitely not the strongest choice for them. If they're avoiding Almeida and Formolo after the Giro, should have gone Hirschi and Polanc over Bjerg and Bennett.

Bit surprised they took 3 guys mainly for the flat in Bjerg, Trentin and Laengen, and Bennett who's just been out of form. I doubt it'll matter since it's Pog, he'd challenge even if he had 7 of us as a teammate but definitely not the strongest choice for them. If they're avoiding Almeida and Formolo after the Giro, should have gone Hirschi and Polanc over Bjerg and Bennett.

I do see some debatable decisions. But they likely know the best. The form and motivation of an individual. Likely they do worry a bit in regards to first couple of stages. Or maybe they plan to attack. Who knows. Their biggest rivals are likely still a tad stronger in the "green and classics section". And somehow i don't see a scenario where Rogla or Pogi won't try to make a difference till the first rest day.

As Rogla is arguably the best one week stage racer in history of this sport and has a great team behind him. He likely should approach the first week of this Tour edition as race as a whole. And try to win the green. If that fails they are still really strong in mountains. And he can take KoM.

Florian Sénéchal: "I heard the news on Friday. I had hoped that being champion of France would change the situation... The team informed me that they wanted to put Danes for the big start at Copenhagen to give a good image."

I can definitely understand if he finds that unfair - not that the quote indicates to me that he does: Three anonymously clad Danes for three days in Denmark, vs. being the French Champion for (almost) three weeks in France.

I can definitely understand if he finds that unfair - not that the quote indicates to me that he does: Three anonymously clad Danes for three days in Denmark, vs. being the French Champion for (almost) three weeks in France.

There's something wrong with Quick-Step.

I gave them the benefit of the doubt & assumed their choice was based on sport reasons, but if it's indeed merely a "let's have 3 Danes because 3 days in Denmark..." then it's completely absurd. Even from a public relations standpoint it makes zero sense whatsoever (& it's not like Quick-Step have the most important Danish rider in their ranks either, i.e. that would be Vingegaard who'll get all the attention).

This is the second time they've shunned the French champion in their ranks in the TdF. So I'd recommend Sénéchal finds himself a new team, preferably a French one.

Indeed. Honoré and Asgreen haven't had the greatest seasons and Sénéchal was super strong yesterday, so I really don't get it.

TRENDING THREADS