• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2022 Tour de France Start List

Page 17 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Is it a contract thing, I wonder? He‘s not signing an extension, so someone who is staying gets the spot? It’s the only (non injury or Covid) reason I can think of, but there are other guys in the Tour squad who also aren’t likely to extend, so maybe not.
yeah, I was thinking the same, but Kristoff is basically confirmed to leave as well - and not lining up someone for that reason only really made sense when riders were still taking their points with them.

And Hermans had issues before all of his highlights so far this year. Corona before the CX worlds, sick right before the Ardennes, crash the day before the Belgium Tour - so it's not unthinkable that sth stupid happened again.

Bitter about a refusal to extend his contract? Or some internal discipline thing like most of the DSM squabbles?

He is going to Alpecin.

yeah, I was thinking the same, but Kristoff is basically confirmed to leave as well - and not lining up someone for that reason only really made sense when riders were still taking their points with them.

And Hermans had issues before all of his highlights so far this year. Corona before the CX worlds, sick right before the Ardennes, crash the day before the Belgium Tour - so it's not unthinkable that sth stupid happened again.

Hermans already said it has to do with him leaving. He was ready to take a fligh to Copenhagen tmrw but got a call just before they announced their squad that he wasn't being selected. He is pretty pissed.

I see from wielerflits that Hermans says it was a last second change, communicated to him on Monday, and that it was about him leaving and supposedly “changing the atmosphere”. He is clearly very pissed off.

FdJ to bring back an old retro kit to ride for their secret team leader

EhPSNiVU0AEtarn.jpg

For us cycling geeks, those EF last minute roster announcements are bad publicity. We'll probably get the press release on the first rest day.

This Tour EF will ride in another ugly duck shirt designed by Palace, like the Giro one in 2020.

I believe a team can only have an alternative jersey once a year (whether that be for 1 day or 21, or anywhere inbetween): they have already done their swap for this year.

Reactions: laarsland
Well Quintana looked nowhere near a GC contender at Occitanie, despite the best efforts of Edet and Ries. And there's three stages in Arkea's home region of Brittany. Looks like they've gone for a team focussed on those and the Danish stages. I'll be cheering for them if they rip the race apart.

They're not going anywhere near Brittany this year?

Quinten Hermans furious: "It is not clear to me why I am not allowed to go to the Tour de France"

Reactions: Sandisfan
There's another interview with Hermans in his local newspaper Het Belang van Limburg today. He says it must have been a decision of the management (Visbeek and Bourlart), not the team. Guys who work with him like Piva, van der Schueren or Wellens would know that he always gives 100%, and when he called them yesterday, they hadn't even heard about his non-participation yet.

No surprises really in the Ineos team given Kwiat’s injuries. A strong solid team very effective for first week. Lacking the major favourite but if Thomas stays on his bike he’s a decent podium shout given his pedigree and Martinez could be an effective foil especially if he finds his form like last year’s giro in time for the Alps

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS