• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2022 Tour de France Start List

Page 14 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

They go all in with Vlasov while keeping flexibility for chasing breaks and stage wins.

Bora's line-up only lacks an elite mountain domestique, but Kämna, Grossschartner, Konrad and Schachmann should be enough to at least guarantee a couple of riders staying with Aleks in each stage when the peloton is heavily reduced.

Old man and his kids

FWQegSyXEAAfmdK

No Gesbert, Edet, Dayer, Bouhanni, Ries, Vauquelin, Anacona, Delaplace, Ledanois (other than in a team car) or Guernalec?

Bora with Vlasov, Schachmann, Kämna, Großschartner, Konrad, Politt, Haller and Van Poppel

no Bennett
We talked about it during the TDS. I'm glad that they took the strongest riders. Nevertheless I'm surprised that they really didn't select Bennett.
Schachmann quickly recoverd from COVID. In a german podcast a german reporter said that he talked to Zemke. Zemke said that Vlasov didn't really have symptoms. Haller was a good again at the austian championships and Schachmann seems to be negativ after 5 day, too.

Reactions: Sandisfan and BR2
We talked about it during the TDS. I'm glad that they took the strongest riders. Nevertheless I'm surprised that they really didn't select Bennett.
Schachmann quickly recoverd from COVID. In a german podcast a german reporter said that he talked to Zemke. Zemke said that Vlasov didn't really have symptoms. Haller was a good again at the austian championships and Schachmann seems to be negativ after 5 day, too.

Listening to the podcast, between the lines it sounds they are going all-in for Vlasov.

Reactions: BR2 and Faserr
They go all in with Vlasov while keeping flexibility for chasing breaks and stage wins.

Bora's line-up only lacks an elite mountain domestique, but Kämna, Grossschartner, Konrad and Schachmann should be enough to at least guarantee a couple of riders staying with Aleks in each stage when the peloton is heavily reduced.
There will be large enough Jumbo /Ineos contingents when the select groups form so he can just hook onto those. But that doesn’t help if he has a mechanical or other mishap and needs assistance to get back to the front.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS