• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a España 2022 Vuelta a Espana Stage 1(Utrecht-Utrecht), 23.3km TTT

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I actually think this could become the perfect Friday for Utrecht‘s male population: go to work, do some shopping, have a beer with friends, go to visit the first stage of the Vuelta, (have some eroticism), get tired, go to sleep.

Why are you assuming it's only the male population who'd like that sort of schedule?

Only when our favorite team wins ;).

That's where I'm smart! I just like all teams equally, some more than others.

Time Trials (both ITTs and TTTs) really should be a separate discipline like Trials and Indoor Cycling. If you only have 21 days to hold a race, why waste a couple of those with non-racing? At least in this Tour, they bookended the event so that they didn't interfere in anything. But this year's Vuelta Stage 10 means that the race will have 4 rest days smh

Lol.

I actually think this could become the perfect Friday for Utrecht‘s male population: go to work, do some shopping, have a beer with friends, go to visit the first stage of the Vuelta, (have some eroticism), get tired, go to sleep.

Stage 1 is good, stages 2 and 3 look rather boring. I hope they‘ll be good, however. Racing in the Netherlands is mostly good. The Vuelta start 2009 in the BeNeLux was also quite good.

Looking forward to these days - but will miss Nairo, mostly in the mass sprints, where he‘s a safe Top-15 candidate :)
How does the perfect day involve a full day's work and some shopping, but not any training or good food ?

Didn't realise that TTT were so erotic either

Time Trials (both ITTs and TTTs) really should be a separate discipline like Trials and Indoor Cycling. If you only have 21 days to hold a race, why waste a couple of those with non-racing? At least in this Tour, they bookended the event so that they didn't interfere in anything. But this year's Vuelta Stage 10 means that the race will have 4 rest days smh

Seeing who is the fastest with no tacticts involved is definitely a pointless exercise...

Why are you assuming it's only the male population who'd like that sort of schedule?

That's where I'm smart! I just like all teams equally, some more than others.

Well, I thought, for the girls, today‘s day is a disappointment right from the beginning: reason is that there is no Nairo Quintana in the race - so the man with the most beautiful tan is a DNS already… :(

Seeing who is the fastest with no tacticts involved is definitely a pointless exercise...
I care about entertainment and Time Trials are boring. Like when a match in some football tournament goes to penalty kicks. It serves the point of one team advancing but I'm not watching it. It's dull. But at least it sort of makes sense because the match has already gone 120 minutes is has become an ugly stalemate. In the Vuelta, they go to the boring gimmick before the race has even started. It's just puzzling.

Is there a chance for Remco to get annoyed by how slow his teammates are going?

Well worst case it will be a race in a race. Remco driving an ITT and his team a TTT to hold his wheel :p

Think Boonen stated something in the lines of: a good TTer can make or break the team. So lets see if their are any good TTers that break their team a bit later today :).

Lets hope on good weather so it doesn't become a slipery slide fest in each corner.

I care about entertainment and Time Trials are boring. Like when a match in some football tournament goes to penalty kicks. It serves the point of one team advancing but I'm not watching it. It's dull. But at least it sort of makes sense because the match has already gone 120 minutes is has become an ugly stalemate. In the Vuelta, they go to the boring gimmick before the race has even started. It's just puzzling.

Hmm, so watching 200km / 5.5hrs of people riding in a bunch having a chat followed by a sprint in the final 500m is riveting entertainment, while a few teams working together to go as fast as they can in 20 odd minute efforts over only a couple hours of racing is boring.

Because it's beauty if it's done well. The coordination between the riders, the timing, the movements can be like a dance... of course it's hardly done well these days, that's the negative side, but in general I find it aesthetically pleasing to watch, and it's a puzzle to figure out which rider should take which turns when...
Not enough Communist countries for that.

The one true TTT has 4 riders and 100 kilometres.

TRENDING THREADS