• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2023 Giro d'Italia, Stage 19: Longarone – Tre Cime di Lavaredo 183 km (Friday, May 26th)

Page 34 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
4 seconds would have been good, and a stage win always helps morale. But yes, he is trying, they all are. It's just really close and that's part exciting and part boring. Similar to last year, until that last mountain stage... So tomorrow it is. G in poll position to take the giro.
Maybe the domestiques are just too good, they can pace until their and all other leaders are very close to their limit, also the margin btwn the podium guys to those down to like place 15 seems rather small. The result is what we are seeing.

Reactions: SHAD0W93
Roglic sucked but can’t believe anyone is praising Thomas lmao. Bloke did absolutely nothing all race either
Roglic sucked? The guy was surgically rebuilt before this season and, IMO wasn't going to be remotely ready to race this GT. Add to the crashes he's had and continued racing I don't think you have a clue about the effort required. The "greats" of recent decades had the benefit of many doctors and a UCI willing to look the other way to aid in their heroic attacks.
This may be the real cycling that isn't conducted at "otherworldly" speeds?

Roglic sucked? The guy was surgically rebuilt before this season and, IMO wasn't going to be remotely ready to race this GT. Add to the crashes he's had and continued racing I don't think you have a clue about the effort required. The "greats" of recent decades had the benefit of many doctors and a UCI willing to look the other way to aid in their heroic attacks.
I’ve been defending him all race lmao and you pick me out when the literal dribblers are all around my posts

Reactions: Oldermanish
There were like 194 guys in that group with 1.5 km to go, of course they could have tried harder. And of course they're going to be knackered at the finish line anyway because they sprinted there instead of upping the pace from afar, but it's still not the same kind of effort.
And most of them disappeared as soon as De Plus upped the pace, despite the fact that he'd already done a fair bit of work. The fact that more non GC riders from teams other than Ineos weren't able to have an impact on today's stage even though their Giro effectively ends here if they're not supporting a sprinter seems like pretty obvious evidence that there's a lot of fatigue in the peloton.

Surgically rebuilt?! Get out of here. You're acting like he had a Bernal type of accident.

Surgically rebuilt?! Get out of here. You're acting like he had a Bernal type of accident.
Try riding with a chronically dislocated shoulder. Your entire body torques and you can't apply any power. The surgery to correct that means most training is done indoors and, when you get outdoors you still need to rebuild your real world form. I'm not acting like anything; I know what this entails and it usually takes two seasons to get back to form. And then, of course he's criticized for racing like a "wheel sucker" and other pointless armchair analyses. I like Remco but his season has been treated like the Resurrection by comparison.

TRENDING THREADS