In today's stage communiquee, RCS has released some details about Satuday's ITT:
The Commissaires Panel acknowledges and confirms the extension of article 16 of the special race regulations, which prohibits the use of any time trial bicycle from the exit of the duly identified and delimited change area.
1) Changing from the ITT bicycle to the road bicycle can only be made at the latest before the end of the bike change area designated and delimited by the Organisation.
2) All the road bicycles, including the spare bicycles, will be checked in the bike change area. Bicycles must be made available for checks in the 15 minutes prior to the passage of the rider concerned.
3) Only two people per team, duly and specifically authorised and accredited, will be allowed in the bike change area designated and delimited by the rganisation.
4) The part of the bicycle change area where riders can be pushed will be delimited and will be 25 metres long.
5) Bike checks will be performed at the start, as usual. Pre-checks will take place from 9:00 to 11:00 following a schedule that will be disclosed the day before the ITT.
6) Any bike change made before the bike change area must be made using only the equipment taken from the car following the rider.
7) The motorcycle with the mechanic on board may not carry any mechanical assistance equipment (bike and/or wheels) in the section between the start and the change area.
8) The person driving the car in the section between the start and the change area may not in any case get onboard the motorbike starting from the change area.
As a supplement to the special race regulations, the Direction of the Giro d'Italia communicates the last organisational and technical details.
The neutral motorbikes made available by the organisation and the official cars of the teams that wish to follow their riders will depart from the start located in Piazza Unità (Tarvisio), only team cars branded with the team's main logos are allowed. No neutral cars will be provided.
Team cars will be diverted at the beginning of the bike change area (Valsaisera Park) to allow the staff to dismount, and will go back towards the start after making a U-turn inside the team parking area.
The neutral motorbikes provided will be ready a few minutes before the start of the rider and will be equipped with radio equipment to receive race news from RadioTour. The organisation also provides a helmet, which must be returned to the driver at the finish.
At the end of the stage, the athletes and the teams staff must use the cable car to go back to the teams parking. The cable car will always be available and can be used by the teams with priority over the public, in both directions.
Route recon may be performed starting from 9:00 with just one car per team (no mini-vans). Continuing from the bike change area will only be allowed until 9:45.
All cars must leave the finish area before 10:30, and go back immediately to the start in Tarvisio.
The bike change area is 25 metres longs and will be delimited by lines drawn on the ground, as well as by start and finish panels. As a supplement to the special race regulations, we point out that after the end of the bike change area, the riders may only and exclusively continue with road bicycles, not with time-trial bikes.
The race will be divided into 3 heats starting at 11:30. The interval between the heats will be 50 minutes after the last rider has reached the finish line.
At the teams’ request, and in agreement with the race Direction, some riders, in addition to the last 15 starters, the jersey holders and their direct contenders, may be followed by 2 neutral motorcycles to accommodate 2 team members.
The equipment can be taken to the Valsaisera teams parking in the following time slots: first heat: 10:30-11:00, second heat: 12:30-13:00 and third heat: 15:00-15:30, following the race route