• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2023 World Championships team selections

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I'd say the route suits van der Poel, van Aert, Pidcock - because of the twist and turns and the resulting repeated accelerations. It doesn't suit Mads Pedersen as much as the Harrogate route did, and as far as I remember, Pedersen didn't do well in Glasgow in 2018.
Doubtful if Pidcock is riding the road race.

"It is currently the intention that Tom will only do mountain biking in Glasgow. But that decision is not final. A lot will depend on how he comes out of the Tour," INEOS Grenadiers sports director Kurt Bogaerts told Het Nieuwsblad.

Reactions: Axel Hangleck
f91a0300-5417-47c9-a219-10b65060f399.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: wheresmybrakes
I am Broccolidwarf's wife Brøgid.
Broccoli has contacted the administration and tried to explain that he was not the sock-puppet i.e. never posted with a false account. Whoever posted as him really needs to get a life. Why would you want to get someone banned? crazy.
I am posting because there has been no response to the emails Broccoli has sent the administrators.
Broccoli asked me if I would do this.
He's not that concerned about the ban [ he's a busy man] its more about not letting the person who got him banned get away with it and letting the administrators know that they can easily be fooled and have been on this occasion.

I am Broccolidwarf's wife Brøgid.
Broccoli has contacted the administration and tried to explain that he was not the sock-puppet i.e. never posted with a false account. Whoever posted as him really needs to get a life. Why would you want to get someone banned? crazy.
I am posting because there has been no response to the emails Broccoli has sent the administrators.
Broccoli asked me if I would do this.
He's not that concerned about the ban [ he's a busy man] its more about not letting the person who got him banned get away with it and letting the administrators know that they can easily be fooled and have been on this occasion.

Careful, some people might not realise that's a joke.

Imho this suits Van der Poel a lot less than the WCC 2021 did. That was tailor made for him, but back then had just crashed at the Olympics and he wasn't ready for the WCC. I think he is still one of the favourites here, but i think on this course there are others more likely to win. I honestly don't see him go solo from far. His options are a sprint of a select group, that doesn't include Philipsen, Pedersen etc. Or going solo in the penultimate lap perhaps (attack from a reduced peloton / group of favorites).

Same could be true for Van Aert though. He needs to get away because he is slower than Philipsen.

But i could easily see a scenario where Kooij is long dropped in the final, and Van der Poel is trying to chase Evenepoel down in order for Philipsen to win. And then Pedersen or someone else takes it, lol.

Reactions: Zoetemelk-fan
Danish national team coach Anders Lund says about the route (from Feltet.dk):

"It is a very, very difficult route. I remember it from the European Championships in 2018 and have studied it on Veloviewer. It is one of the most complicated street racing routes I have witnessed for a World Championship. I am certain it will be a very spectacular race"

On the finishing circuit there are 45-50 turns in only 14.3 km plus some steep hills you hit without speed. There are also a few short visits to a park. There is no place to rest up"

"It will be impossible for a large peloton to stick together, if the race is raced hard. The fight for position and technical abilities will be key. It will be a very hard world championship which will be difficult to control"
Quite obvious for anyone having inspected the route just at maps. I think the sript of twist and turns was written for Pidders, but suits MvDP even better. *edit* heh, only skimmed first 3 posts here but now observe I'm not the only one mentioning MvDP. One for the bookies.

It is a strange coincidence that two Danish guys insists on writing 'ø' as 'oe'. You gotta admit that writing 'Moerkoev' looks clunky.
Two Danish guys, mainly/exclusively talking (positively) about Danish cyclists, with "funnyguy humor" and the same stylistic traits. Not that i mind, i just thought it was funny when i thought about it, but judging from his response, i wasn't the first one to notice. Whether Boehmand is really Brocollidwarf, i don't know, nor do i really care.

I also don't know why BD got banned, but i guess that's a story for a different forum/topic.

Two Danish guys, mainly/exclusively talking (positively) about Danish cyclists, with "funnyguy humor" and the same stylistic traits. Not that i mind, i just thought it was funny when i thought about it, but judging from his response, i wasn't the first one to notice. Whether Boehmand is really Brocollidwarf, i don't know, nor do i really care.

I also don't know why BD got banned, but i guess that's a story for a different forum/topic.
Only my blind and deaf grandma would believe him. I care, because I think its so blatantly obvious and his posts, like illmaestro, are ruining my enjoyment of reading through the forum.

He should obviously be banned if his former user was as well.

Only my blind and deaf grandma would believe him. I care, because I think its so blatantly obvious and his posts, like illmaestro, are ruining my enjoyment of reading through the forum.

He should obviously be banned if his former user was as well.
I don‘t really understand what is so terrible about the way @Boehmand posts. Could you explain? Also, I hope this weird detective game goes on for longer, because it is very entertaining. I agree the parallels between the two are obvious, but you are innocent until proven guilty I would say.

Reactions: Sandisfan
It is a strange coincidence that two Danish guys insists on writing 'ø' as 'oe'. You gotta admit that writing 'Moerkoev' looks clunky.
As said before, the last 3 Danish letters are written as "ae", "oe" and "aa" in English, surely I cannot be the only Dane who was taught proper English - so no, that is not a coincidence, at all, it's just proper education.

Also I find the obsession certain people have in here, with asserting I am someone else, quite irritating and moronic.

Especially when their behaviour on every other aspect is exactly the same. I even saw him using the word 'dude' yesterday. I guess he thought if he could avoid that word and the sunglasses emoji, nobody would realise who he was. But then he even forgot that in the heat of the battle...