• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

3rd June: Criterium du Dauphiné stage 1, 5.7km

Page 19 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
cineteq said:
Placing is irrelevant.

WIGGINS Bradley 1 SKY PROCYCLING 00:06:40 00:00:01
EVANS Cadel 11 BMC RACING TEAM 00:06:44 00:00:06
NIBALI Vincenzo 81 LIQUIGAS-CANNONDALE 00:06:49 00:00:10

I'm surprised you made such an amateurish comment :rolleyes:
it's 5km :rolleyes: ofcourse the differences are very small. 10 seconds on 5km still means he lost 2 seconds per km :rolleyes: and almost 1 second per km on Evans
You clearly lack every form of perspective

But I guess distance is irrelevant to you as well. LOL

Dekker_Tifosi said:
? JvdB actually did much better prologues than that. Unlike his long ITT's his prologues where almost always very good.

This is actually one of his slower prologues.
Too bad CQ is down or I would have posted some examples :(

No no and no, see above. Long ITT will tell us more. Like I said JvdB has done better prologues.

lol, not really. He has never sucked as much at prologues, that's true. But to say he did "much better" would insinuate he ever came close enough to winning one (and i'm talking about the last 4 to 5 years). And my remark was first and foremost based on his statement that he wouldn't be "up there" in the Dauphiné.

Dekker_Tifosi said:
it's 5km :rolleyes: ofcourse the differences are very small. 10 seconds on 5km still means he lost 2 seconds per km :rolleyes: and almost 1 second per km on Evans

Yawn.

It was a good time for Nibali. Ofcourse he isn't competing with the TT machines, but losing a few seconds on Evans and Wiggins is a good time for Nibali. He can take more on a downhill ;)

I'm really glad Nibali will ride the TdF. I'm convinced he will be aggresive... on the downhill mostly probably, but that's good enough.

Dekker_Tifosi said:

But I guess distance is irrelevant to you as well. LOL
You're such a joke. You start with placing and now you say the course is too short. You clearly always look for excuses. :D

Be accountable.

Logic-is-your-friend said:
lol, not really. He has never sucked as much at prologues, that's true. But to say he did "much better" would insinuate he ever came close enough to winning one (and i'm talking about the last 4 to 5 years). And my remark was first and foremost based on his statement that he wouldn't be "up there" in the Dauphiné.

He was pretty decent in the short TT in Andalucia. Must have been top 5. OF course better field here.

Edit, 3rd in 2011