• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

3rd June: Criterium du Dauphiné stage 1, 5.7km

Page 20 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
DenisMenchov said:
Wow so much effort by Wiggins to be the first loser. Well Done Luke. This prologue shows absolutely nothing when Tour favorites are considered.

Perfect timing imo. Sky will have to do much less work and prepare for bigger stages while GE will have to control flat stages to defend yellow.

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
Bavarianrider said:
2. Wiggins Bradley +01
101. SCHLECK Andy +29

So that's 28 seconds.
That's 4,9 seconds per km

Tour has 101km TT
That's 8 minutes 20 seconds.
Good luck taking that back in the mounatins:D:p
Wiggins should be better in prologues than in long TTs though, relative to Andy. Just look at his cornering. But still, it could get very ugly. :p

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Can you read? You're making a fool out of yourself with the bolded part. I'm not saying that.

Try reading again and then come back. :eek: The joke is on you

I concurred with the poster below. YAWN.

Kwibus said:
Yawn.

It was a good time for Nibali. Ofcourse he isn't competing with the TT machines, but losing a few seconds on Evans and Wiggins is a good time for Nibali. He can take more on a downhill ;)

I'm really glad Nibali will ride the TdF. I'm convinced he will be aggresive... on the downhill mostly probably, but that's good enough.

Bavarianrider said:
2. Wiggins Bradley +01
101. SCHLECK Andy +29

So that's 28 seconds.

Tour has 101km TT
Glad to see that. My bet on T. Martin finishing ahead of A. Schleck on GC for the Tour is on track :)

May 15, 2009
Visit site
Bavarianrider said:
2. Wiggins Bradley +01
101. SCHLECK Andy +29

So that's 28 seconds.

Tour has 101km TT

Plain extrapolation never works in cycling. And don't forget that Wiggins surely won't be that good in the last ITT at the Tour, he is certainly a beast when it comes to TTs on one-week races, but at the penultimate day of the three-week Tour he will certainly fade a little. Andy, on the other hand, will surely be better, than at the prologue or first ITT. Still, I reckon he will lose 5-6 minutes.

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
I kinda feel bad for Andy. Even his DS doesn't believe in him. Maybe Bruyneel is trying to get him to HTFU, but he could also just be behaving like an a*se as usual.

Dekker_Tifosi said:
And I yawn back. This is a normal Nibali time, not good, not super, not bad either.
You call it something it's not. Good was his ITT in Tirreno. Super was his ITT in San Luis. This is none of both.

I am going to say meh. Whether he can stay within 2 minutes of Wiggins on Thrusday will be much more important.

I am sure GE will work pretty hard to protect Turbo tomorrow but they will be keeping their eyes on the main aims here which is Howard for Stage 3 and Durbridge for the longer time trial. Longest he has ever done in fact.

Great effort by the youngest rider in the race and another nice result for GE was the excellent ride by Simon Gerrans.