• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

3rd June: Criterium du Dauphiné stage 1, 5.7km

Page 21 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 15, 2009
Visit site
cineteq said:
In the interview, A. Schleck saying he doesn't know why Bruyneel is putting pressure that way [saying that Cancellara is the only sure rider in the Tour]. This is not going to be pretty.

We are going to have drama-filled three weeks in July. I am nearly starting to sympathize crybaby Andy. JB lacks man-management skills by treating a youngster like a grown man.

The Hitch said:
lol, Samu absolutely sucked.

Is he being a total moron and trying to delay his peak for the lympics?

Samu said the Worlds are more important to him than the Olympics this year. He said he has podiumed at the Tour, won the Olympics Gold, and now his big goal is to win a World's.

DenisMenchov said:
Wiggins is same as Andy Murray in tennis. Winning some not so important races/tournaments , considered favorite but never wins the major ones.
Yeah only 6 Olympic medals, 3 of them gold and 7 times a world champion on the track, just minor really, you're right. Then making the full crossover to road just 4 seasons ago. Just second tier really, you've got it spot on. I look forward to your next detailed analysis.

wirral said:
Yeah only 6 Olympic medals, 3 of them gold and 7 times a world champion on the track, just minor really, you're right. Then making the full crossover to road just 4 seasons ago. Just second tier really, you've got it spot on. I look forward to your next detailed analysis.

Why respond to obvious trolling?

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
yeah but not this awful.

C'mon Hitch, don't go overanalysing a prologue result like BavarianRider. Prepare yourself for Samu being awful this week and fine for the Tour as usual.

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
DenisMenchov said:
Wiggins is same as Andy Murray in tennis. Winning some not so important races/tournaments , considered favorite but never wins the major ones.

Wait, what?
In 2009 4th (first time with his moutain weight).
2010 he has done the Giro before. It was a bad concept.
2011 he crashed out, and 3rd in Vuelta after a far from perfect preparation.

This year will be the first time he will be a real favorite, so I can't see your point.

wirral said:

What are YOU talking about, we are in a part of forum that is called Professional road racing, not track cycling???

Why am I trolling if I say something that is true, has he won any GT??? NO.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
wirral said:

Track results don't matter on the road.

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
DenisMenchov said:
What are YOU talking about, we are in a part of forum that is called Professional road racing, not track cycling???

Why am I trolling if I say something that is true, has he won any GT??? NO.

The bit about Andy Murray is wrong as well.He has never gone into a major as favorite.

vcampbell said:
Wait, what?
In 2009 4th (first time with his moutain weight).
2010 he has done the Giro before. It was a bad concept.
2011 he crashed out, and 3rd in Vuelta after a far from perfect preparation.

This year will be the first time he will be a real favorite, so I can't see your point.
He did the Giro in 2009 too. I don't see how doing it in 2010 was a bad idea. That stage win and pink jersey was the highlight of his season.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
simo1733 said:
The bit about Andy Murray is wrong as well.He has never gone into a major as favorite.

Yeah, Federer - Nadal - Djokovic(last 2 years) were always considered bigger favorites for Grand Slam titles.

I don't know what the British press report about Wiggo though, maybe they over-hype him as well?

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Moviefan1203 said:
He did indeed, I read the article right here on Cyclingnews. It makes sense, he's in the history books as being on the podium. He earned it.
Of course it makes sense.

Contador was caught, but some here suggest we should pretend it never happened, that he still won the Tour, and that anyone who claims a Tour podium on that basis is a sick bas**rd who can't win a race fairly.

The world on its head.

TRENDING THREADS