• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

75th Tour de Romandie (2.UWT) // 27th of April - 2nd of May 2021

Page 40 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
- and they forgot Masnada -- one of them being his own DS Brian Holm :D
The guy was a big talent, already 6th on the gc in the Giro della Valle d'Aosta as a first year u23 rider (Aru won the race that year) but then he had some problems with injuries and Mono.
He and Ciccone did a 1-2 in the u23 Giro di Lombardia when Cicvone gifted him the win because he had already signed a pro contract and Masnada not.

What a trio. Almeida, Masnada and Evenepoel. the DQS-rider with the best legs alternatively attacks in the Giro (so, not one leader everybody working for the first half of the Giro), than it seems to me that DQS is participating for the podium in the Giro. The second half of the Giro, the team must then work for the rider that turns out to be the strongest.

What a trio. Almeida, Masnada and Evenepoel. the DQS-rider with the best legs alternatively attacks in the Giro (so, not one leader everybody working for the first half of the Giro), than it seems to me that DQS is participating for the podium in the Giro. The second half of the Giro, the team must then work for the rider that turns out to be the strongest.
Yes, even if I have some doubts if Masnada can keep this shape until the third week hits. That said, he's clearly in the best shape that we have ever seen from him.

Unlike Woods he had no reason to ride hard, GC was already in the bag.
Oh I agree. Thomas even confirmed that in the post race interview and compared it with the Tour 2018 ITT where he also didn't risk in the finale, as he knew, he only had to cross the finish line to take the Tour victory.

But I was also trying to highlight Woods improved descending skills. He is not exactly known for being a good descender.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS