• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1005 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Re:

Moose McKnuckles said:
It's only a flesh wound.
Contador will pull a Hamilton and grind his teeth to victory.
He can forget about the Tour then. If the injury is bad, the Giro is over. If the injury isn't that bad, where he's still having a good chance to win the Giro but a much worse chance than he had before today (60%), I think it might be wise to abandon and go for the Tour.

Re: Re:

SeriousSam said:
Moose McKnuckles said:
It's only a flesh wound.
Contador will pull a Hamilton and grind his teeth to victory.
He can forget about the Tour then. If the injury is bad, the Giro is over. If the injury isn't that bad, where he's still having a good chance to win the Giro but a much worse chance than he had before today (60%), I think it might be wise to abandon and go for the Tour.
Yeah, if he is at 60%.. he should't continue.

People want to see him fighting for the victory, not struggling in the back of the peloton. I think even Contador agrees with that.

Re:

Carols said:
Holy F*ck&&&& I never swear..... But I just came home and watched the final 5km of the race.....I can't believe this. Crappy, boring fr*ggin sprint stages and all their crashes. This Totally Sucks!!!! He looked like he was going to cry on the podium :(.
heart full of rage at the stupidity of some fans. My sympathy for Alberto and the others who crashed today in such a fashion.. my hope organizers will modify things so GC competitors do not have to be in the mixt of such a finish someday.. My finger's crossed that Alberto will be good to ride tomorrow.. I am waiting here (stage 9) rode the course and found the best place to see them climb the hill in Grottalilla when they pass on Sunday..
Hope the icing and the care give alberto a rest through a night that will be so hard for him and his team

dislocation = Giro - Tour double is done

Now is all about Tour - Vuelta double it seems .....

So frustrated so witness such change in course of this Giro because of a f$&ing idiot trying to take a stupid pic for his FB page. So far the race has been amazing and suddenly we get this BS ...... Damn!!!!

Re:

The_Cheech said:
If it's just a dislocated shoulder they can just pop it back in and, provided they take care of it, he will be able to ride tomorrow.

depends on how it happened, but indeed, a I've had a "straightforward" dislocated shoulder. Pop it back in, it will be sore as hell, but he could in theory do this. ofc, the amount of time he use out of the saddle will make this a bigger disadvantage for him than say Kloden

Dedelou said:
Carols said:
Holy F*ck&&&& I never swear..... But I just came home and watched the final 5km of the race.....I can't believe this. Crappy, boring fr*ggin sprint stages and all their crashes. This Totally Sucks!!!! He looked like he was going to cry on the podium :(.
heart full of rage at the stupidity of some fans. My sympathy for Alberto and the others who crashed today in such a fashion.. my hope organizers will modify things so GC competitors do not have to be in the mixt of such a finish someday..My finger's crossed that Alberto will be good to ride tomorrow.. I am waiting here (stage 9) rode the course and found the best place to see them climb the hill in Grottalilla when they pass on Sunday..
Hope the icing and the care give alberto a rest through a night that will be so hard for him and his team

Yeah this. Cycling have to be one of the few sports where peoples idiocracy (and boy is that big) actively can ruin a spectacle just to please the ego. Whatever needs to be done have to be done to overcome this. Lock them in cages or behind a electronic fence the last kilometers or whatever. I dont want to see these monkeys on the road again.

May 12, 2015
Visit site

Vino attacks everyone said:
The_Cheech said:
If it's just a dislocated shoulder they can just pop it back in and, provided they take care of it, he will be able to ride tomorrow.

depends on how it happened, but indeed, a I've had a "straightforward" dislocated shoulder. Pop it back in, it will be sore as hell, but he could in theory do this. ofc, the amount of time he use out of the saddle will make this a bigger disadvantage for him than say Kloden

I got my shoulder dislocated three or four times about 20 years ago during martial arts competitions and the medics would always pop the shoulder back in immediately. Although the shoulder area was sore the day after it was bearable pain.

No medication needed either.

Alberto seemed to be in pain though. I hope they popped that sucker in as soon as he crossed the line...

The_Cheech said:
Vino attacks everyone said:
The_Cheech said:

I got my shoulder dislocated three or four times about 20 years ago during martial arts competitions and the medics would always pop the shoulder back in immediately. Although the shoulder area was sore the day after it was bearable pain.

No medication needed either.

Yes and you were riding the Giro to win right? You are unbelievable :( Go smoke some pot....