• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1008 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Re:

I just hope it doesn't interfere with his preparation for the Tour. Judging from some of the posts dislocating a shoulder ain't no thang but that's probably not entirely true.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
HiroAntagonist said:
Having dislocated my shoulder a few times, i can say they were quick recoveries. I think where problems can arise is when connective tissue is affected adversely, so it will probably come down to how the dislocation occurred as someone else mentioned.

yeah.. i have a cronic dislocated shoulder all the time. (should have surgery to fix it). Uff, the muscle will be so tender and sore like hell. Typically take me couple days to feel normal. I hope he is not like Purito's injury when he finally pulled out of the giro after riding with fractured rib (oh no). I'm very concern. Tomorrow is very demanding stage and saturday is the second mountain finish. I hope for good news (keep my finger crossed)

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Re: Re:

LaFlorecita said:
The Hitch said:
LaFlorecita said:
Stop talking about the god damn Tour de france
lol what? Has echoes hijacked your brain or something?
No but the Giro is at risk right now, we can worry about the stupid TDF later.

I watched the parcours of the tour a few days ago. It's made for Contador but it's pretty meh, could have been way harder.

LaFlorecita said:
The Hitch said:
LaFlorecita said:

That's what I feel like - this was shaping up to be a great Giro and plenty of Tours have been a bit meh.

Never thought I'd say it but I hope he was being a complete drama queen, because I really want him to race.

Electress said:
LaFlorecita said:
The Hitch said:
LaFlorecita said:

That's what I feel like - this was shaping up to be a great Giro and plenty of Tours have been a bit meh.

Never thought I'd say it but I hope he was being a complete drama queen, because I really want him to race.
Don't we all? :)

SeriousSam said:
I just hope it doesn't interfere with his preparation for the Tour. Judging from some of the posts dislocating a shoulder ain't no thang but that's probably not entirely true.

Learn to read.

It can be no big thing besides the pain at that moment, but as has been said as well it can very well be a big problem. Enough to ruin his Giro, not enough to ruin his TdF though.

We will have to wait how bad it is.

Jelantik said:
HiroAntagonist said:
Having dislocated my shoulder a few times, i can say they were quick recoveries. I think where problems can arise is when connective tissue is affected adversely, so it will probably come down to how the dislocation occurred as someone else mentioned.

yeah.. i have a cronic dislocated shoulder all the time. (should have surgery to fix it). Uff, the muscle will be so tender and sore like hell. Typically take me couple days to feel normal. I hope he is not like Purito's injury when he finally pulled out of the giro after riding with fractured rib (oh no). I'm very concern. Tomorrow is very demanding stage and saturday is the second mountain finish. I hope for good news (keep my finger crossed)

Are you comparing a dislocated shoulder to a fractured rib? The one gives you at best a stiff feeling while you with the other cant escape the problem of having hard to breathe. No they are not comparable at all.

LaFlorecita said:
BeagRigh said:
carton said:
Dislocated shoulders: I've seen people pop their shoulder back in themselves and walk it off like it's nothing; I've seen people in excruciating pain for weeks. Any speculation at this point would be, well, rather pointless.

This. Really depends how long it was out for and how much trauma it caused to the surrounding tissue, ligaments and tendons.

We will find out tomorrow...
We can only hope they popped it back in right away!

It looks like it might be back in in the finish line photo - so maybe he put it back himself or it popped back in. In my limited experience dislocated shoulders usual come forward,he's seems to be holding it up there which I would have thought was more to protect it.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
well what does this mean?

CE-8txiVAAAoq3X.jpg

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site

Kwibus said:
SeriousSam said:

Learn to read.

It can be no big thing besides the pain at that moment, but as has been said as well it can very well be a big problem. Enough to ruin his Giro, not enough to ruin his TdF though.

We will have to wait how bad it is.

:)

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Aslong as it's physically possible contador will rider, he'll never give up cause of pain.

If pain is the only problem he'll be fine.

This is how legends are made. Win it alberto!

TRENDING THREADS