• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1086 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

Carols said:
LaFlorecita said:
Netserk said:
Can Flo update the Vamos 8 picture? :)
Used my mad paint skillz
mhempe.jpg

:p

Thanks for the new avatar :)
Good job fleur ;)

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Re:

RedheadDane said:
Walkman : Yes I do, believe he was riding clean.

Hitch: Yes it is. Was he tested positive during the 2011 Giro? No. So I don't really have any reason to believe he wasn't clean.

That's something differnt than saying no one should have a reason to think he wasn't doped though.

You've your opinion of course.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Re:

LaFlorecita said:
Electress won a signed team jersey :eek: I am jealous :mad: :p lucky bastard ;)
nice present! I didnt know she is also on CN forum :)...well I guess, i dont know lot of people nicks (here) from twitter, I call all of you to admit, or I'll find you :cool: :D

Walkman said:
RedheadDane said:
{SNIPPED for Clinic Content }

As for making The Double. Actually, even if he "only" manages a top-10 in the Tour I would still be rather impressed. When was the last time anyone did just that? Also, we're talking about a guy whose worst GT result since 2007 is a 4th place in the 2013 Tour (and worst ever a 31st place in the 2005 Tour), not counting the 2014 Tour, DNFing is not a result!
And, yes, I know that technically he got 5th in the 2011 Tour, but if I'm not going to count the good results during that period - I'm not, just easier to go with the official standings - then I'm not going to count the bad ones either.

I don't want to drag this into the clinic, so I am only asking {SNIPPED for CLINIC Content}
?

Well since it ISN'T the clinic, why would you ask? Ask over there!

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
It is quite tricky not to talk about " cheese" when we know riders take "cheese" To pretend they don't take "cheese" because they never got caught taking " cheese" is crazy. Its bound to come up but its best to talk about it at the Cheese factory i.e. the clinic.

Just to clarify when I mention cheese I mean drugs :D

gunara said:
Carols said:
gunara said:
Missed the last stage and the celebration, but yes Alberto did it again! Not sure there are any other sportsman I follow that has given as many thrilling moments as this great man has. Hope there are more to come, maybee soon...

Oh what a shame you missed the celebration, it was pretty awesome! I wish I could share my dvr copy of the stage with you.

Yes Alberto is a very special athlete and seems to be a nice guy also! I won't go on as people already think I'm daft for calling him the best I've seen since Hinault. But then again he is :).

Nah, the last few stages drained me, weird attack one day, dropped by everyone another day, for once just let him roll for an easy finish when I went out for some fresh air :D

Whatever works :). Races end by noon here, still plenty of time for fresh air!

May 26, 2009
Visit site

LaFlorecita said:
Flamin said:
ggusta said:

Or I'm confusing her with this other podium girl who had huge botox lips, because in these photos she looks hot I admit.
.... botox removes wrinkles by paralyzing the muscles, it doesn't enlarge lips, that would be fillers ;)

Seems you're an expert on this issue Piet :D

May 13, 2015
Visit site
I doubt Froome, Nibali or Quintana could have done the race better than Alberto did at the Giro given the same circumstances (no support in the mountains, riding vs Astana, two crashes, chasing after a mechanical etc). Froome would have cracked, Quintana would have cracked maybe not as bad as Froome but still wouldn't have been able to control the race the same way as Alberto. NIbali would have been able to hold things together better than Froome or Quintana but he would have still lost more time than Alberto on some stages and he isn't as good at TTing.

ILovecycling said:
LaFlorecita said:
nice present! I didnt know she is also on CN forum :)...well I guess, i dont know lot of people nicks (here) from twitter, I call all of you to admit, or I'll find you :cool: :D

Electress has been posting here for quite some time in this thread mostly as well.

Not sure how you missed her? Or am I missing something here?

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site

Kwibus said:
ILovecycling said:
LaFlorecita said:
nice present! I didnt know she is also on CN forum :)...well I guess, i dont know lot of people nicks (here) from twitter, I call all of you to admit, or I'll find you :cool: :-D

Electress has been posting here for quite some time in this thread mostly as well.

Not sure how you missed her? Or am I missing something here?
I know her, its just that I know same people from here and from twitter but I dont know their nicks here, just on twitter,that was the missing part :)
Its quite funny when you talk with someone on twitter or he/she follows you, but you dont actually dont know that they are active on CNforum as well :)

Kwibus said:
gunara said:
LaFlorecita said:
Electress won a signed team jersey I am jealous :mad: lucky bastard

Start of open war between our two high priestesses :)

You forget CarolS.
Atleast 3 high priestesses and CarolS should atleast be a rank higher then the other 2. I know Flo is the biggest zealot though

I am duly honoured to be mentioned as an equal in such esteemed company as Carols and LaFlo. :p And yes, I do have (if not yet in my possession) a signed-by-the-team jersey. The man from Saxo Bank I chatted to this morning was very sweet.

Suffice it to say, it quite made my day :) Almost as much as Alberto winning, but not quite. (Does it make it worse that I suspect I won because Manuele Boaro favourited my competition entry ?! :D )

Kwibus said:
gunara said:
LaFlorecita said:
Electress won a signed team jersey :eek: I am jealous :mad: :p lucky bastard

You forget CarolS.
Atleast 3 high priestesses and CarolS should atleast be a rank higher then the other 2. I know Flo is the biggest zealot though

I feel no need to be a high priestess or dispute a jersey winner :). Congrats to the lucky lady!

But thanks Kwibus!

Electress said:
Kwibus said:
gunara said:
LaFlorecita said:
Electress won a signed team jersey I am jealous :mad: lucky bastard

You forget CarolS.

I am duly honoured to be mentioned as an equal in such esteemed company as Carols and LaFlo. :p And yes, I do have (if not yet in my possession) a signed-by-the-team jersey. The man from Saxo Bank I chatted to this morning was very sweet.

Suffice it to say, it quite made my day :) Almost as much as Alberto winning, but not quite. (Does it make it worse that I suspect I won because Manuele Boaro favourited my competition entry ?!

Totally cool Electress!

Somehow I missed this contest and never entered :eek:

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site

Carols said:
gunara said:
Missed the last stage and the celebration, but yes Alberto did it again! Not sure there are any other sportsman I follow that has given as many thrilling moments as this great man has. Hope there are more to come, maybee soon...

Oh what a shame you missed the celebration, it was pretty awesome! I wish I could share my dvr copy of the stage with you.

Yes Alberto is a very special athlete and seems to be a nice guy also! I won't go on as people already think I'm daft for calling him the best I've seen since Hinault. But then again he is :).

And you're totally right! The best since Hinault, for sure! Better than Indurain, better than Armstrong, and certainly better than Greg Lemond!

TRENDING THREADS